No announcement yet.

Anyone else here lift??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might want to look into a supplement then. Protien or creatine, even both. If i had the time i would do both. Take a few protien shakes during the day and my creatine while i'm lifting.
    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
    "Who Dey"

Comment

I have creatine powder, but would like to try some protein supplements as well.
      I've misplaced my bottle of glutamine- which really helps in my case as my metabolism starts in on my body elsewise.
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

both together is best.
        "Who Dey"

Comment

The Charles Atlas Method is the best way to build strength and keep fit. Here's proof.

Happy Motoring!
          Attached Files
          02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
          MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
          MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
          Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
          MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
          Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
          Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
          Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
          Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
          Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
          Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
          Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
          Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

hahah welcome back goldstar!!!
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
              hahah welcome back goldstar!!!
              Thank you.

Happy Motoring!
              02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
              MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
              MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
              Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
              MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
              Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
              Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
              Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
              Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
              Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
              Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
              Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
              Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Been benching about 295 in november and basically stopped lifting. Just started back up yesterday and i'm down to 265. Man it sucks, but now i'm going to be focusing on my biceps because i can get big triceps no problem but my bi's are super hard to build for me.
                "Who Dey"

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                  I have creatine powder, but would like to try some protein supplements as well.
                  I've misplaced my bottle of glutamine- which really helps in my case as my metabolism starts in on my body elsewise.
                  You're messing with fire.... I recommend not using this stuff.

Save your money by also not buying the protein powders. You can get all the protein your cells need by just eating properly. Most Americans eat more protein than their body can appropriately metabolize in a 24 hr period anyway.

Basically, whatever protein your body use in the ideal method (development and repair of cells and such) you either force your body to turn it into energy for use by the cells (which it doesn't want to do) or you store it as fat. And remember the old saying.... "once it's fat, it's always fat..." In other words, if you turn carbs into fat, your body can't and won't turn it back into carbs. Same goes for protein. So, in order to get rid of excess stored energy, you have to do more activity than the amount of fuel you're bringing in (intake vs. expenditure).

As for the creatinine, it's a precursor to a hormone (steroid) and your body easily converts it into that steroid (can't remember exactly which on off the top of my head). If you really needed more, your body would make it on its own. By artificially inflating the amount of steroids in your body, you are messing with the chemistry which means side effects and trust me, you watch what happens to Mark McGuire and the rest of those bozos.... Don't do it.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by bomdoutscort View Post
                    Been benching about 295 in november and basically stopped lifting. Just started back up yesterday and i'm down to 265. Man it sucks, but now i'm going to be focusing on my biceps because i can get big triceps no problem but my bi's are super hard to build for me.
                    It's a scientific phenomenon known as "muscular atrophy". Basically, when your muscles don't get a signal that makes it believe that it must adapt by growing and getting stronger, then it says, "Gee, we don't need all this extra muscle tissue and strength. It takes a lot of unnecessary energy and we have other important processes going on. Let's downsize and use the materials for other things...." This happens after approximately three days of not exercising. Yea, I know..... that sucks, but it's reality and we just have to deal with it by trying not to let too much time go by without giving our muscles another stimulus to maintain or develop.

What scares me more is that I don't read about you guys doing the type of exercises that are good for the most important muscle of your body.... your heart. Trust me, this is one muscle you don't want to neglect.

Comment

raquetball FTW!!!!

I joined a gym since I needed to get back into some actual physical exertion. usually, i just jump on the treadmill for 5min. @ 7mph, get slightly warmed up, then stretch a bit, then me and a couple buddies go through a workout for a couple muscle groups. My friends are kind of in it for the looks, and for some bulk, but I just want to strengthen my core a bit and stay healthy.

I tend to do 3 sets of 15-20 reps, of a slightly less weight than those guys do, and lots of times they just do 6-10 reps of something obscenely heavy. We do that for about an hour, so usually two muscle groups, 3-4 sets each.

Then we play cut-throat Racquetball (2vs1, all three of us in the court at the same time) for another hour or more.

I've been too busy at work lately, and haven't been able to make it for a week or two, and I can tell.

--sarge

Comment

Originally posted by SgtRauksauff View Post
                        raquetball FTW!!!!

I joined a gym since I needed to get back into some actual physical exertion. usually, i just jump on the treadmill for 5min. @ 7mph, get slightly warmed up, then stretch a bit, then me and a couple buddies go through a workout for a couple muscle groups. My friends are kind of in it for the looks, and for some bulk, but I just want to strengthen my core a bit and stay healthy.

I tend to do 3 sets of 15-20 reps, of a slightly less weight than those guys do, and lots of times they just do 6-10 reps of something obscenely heavy. We do that for about an hour, so usually two muscle groups, 3-4 sets each.

Then we play cut-throat Racquetball (2vs1, all three of us in the court at the same time) for another hour or more.

I've been too busy at work lately, and haven't been able to make it for a week or two, and I can tell.

--sarge
                        Good for you. Racquetball is not exactly the most scientifically sound "aerobic" activity but it works fine nonetheless if your "rest intervals" are relatively short so that you keep your heart rate up.

Get yo azz back in the gym!

Comment

We go three games to 10, take about a 1-minute rest between each for hydration, then back again for another three. It really kicks our ass when we're on our game enough so it's still 1-4 and we've been playing for 30 minutes, lol!

Comment

Fear my 50lb + bar bench presses!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pox View Post
                              Fear my 50lb + bar bench presses!!
                              I'll take 45, anything else would just throw me off.
                              "Who Dey"

Comment

Originally posted by SgtRauksauff View Post
                                We go three games to 10, take about a 1-minute rest between each for hydration, then back again for another three. It really kicks our ass when we're on our game enough so it's still 1-4 and we've been playing for 30 minutes, lol!
                                Cool. Here's something different..... You should get everybody to play one game with their non-dominant arm for the fun of it. Might look pretty ugly, but it's important not to favor one side of the body all the time. Could be a good time watching that game!

Have fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X