No announcement yet.

Request: CF hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know, I though they had it because in the dropdown meny, they separate 99-00 from 01-03. so I though thay had it.

Comment

Originally posted by McCorkle
      There is actually no OEM style hood from VIS for the 99/00. If you order that one, I gaurentee they will send you a hood for 01+.
      That's what I was just thinking.

Comment

Hey Mazpro... thanks anyways though. I would say I will make a few calls, but I think I like the EVO hood better now.

Comment

Originally posted by mazpro
          I don't know, I though they had it because in the dropdown meny, they separate 99-00 from 01-03. so I though thay had it.
          The only reason I know this is because a fellow forum member ordered a 99/00 VIS OEM style CF hood. He got the 01+ and was then later told there were none for the 99/00.

Comment

--- Simon <info@sektor7cartel.com> wrote:

"Yea" on the VIS OEM CF Hood for MP 99-00 Sedan.
            Thanks

Simon-

Daniel <archzero@yahoo.com> wrote:
            Hello,

I'm sure you've had a few emails about the OEM Hood
            for the 99-00 protege. I just wanted to make it
            clear that you do indeed sale it or it's just a typo on
            the website. There isn't any companies to my knowledge
            that sale these hoods for this year protege and when
            a company states they do and i order it. I get a huge
            box but with a 01-03 hood in it and i contact the
            company just to find out that they don't sale it.

Anyways just hit me back with a "Yea" or "Nay" on
            this
            matter.

Your possible Customer,
            Daniel Jorgenson

http://www.yakuzaracing.com/en-us/dept_267.html
            sigpic
            1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
            1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
            2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

Comment

Well I hope it works out for you. But don't say I didn't warn you.

About the only way I would feel safe ordering it, is if VIS could produce a picture of a 99/00 Protege with the hood on it. If the hood was ever made than VIS will definately have pictures.
              Last edited by McCorkle; 10-19-2004, 10:02 PM.

Comment

yeah I don't know if I would wanna chance it without a pic... besides I think I like the EVO hood. Didn't you have some kind of problems with it though Greg?

Comment

Yep, lots of problems.

Comment

hmmmm.... not what i wanted to hear... what kind of problems?

Comment

send me a pm if you get it and it actually fits so i can order one ... but as to my knowledge your gonna get an 01+ hood ...

Comment

depending on Greg's answer... I think I am going with an EVO hood. I hope I don't end up having to get a mintblue one.

Comment

Well the fact that it shouldn't be driven in the rain gets annoying real fast. Having to make a plexiglass grille wasn't fun either. Nor was putting it in whenever it rained, or should I say forgetting to put it in. After one night of being exposed to a little rain, the spark plugs were fouled. The coilpacks eventually died from water as well. I'm probably forgetting something.

Lets just put it this way, if the MP3 ever gets a CF hood it sure as hell won't be an EVO kind.

Comment

Damn.... I guess you could just keep the plexi glass in.

Comment

You'll need to find a more sophisicated (sp?) way to mount them then.

Comment

Originally posted by Drackonn
                                send me a pm if you get it and it actually fits so i can order one ... but as to my knowledge your gonna get an 01+ hood ...

if it isn't right i could just send it back right? i'll email them again and ask for a picture of the hood. if i tell them that 20+ people are interested in the hood maybe they'll go outa there way to provide me with a picture. I'm kinda skeptical about it to becuase it could just be some under payed dude behind the computer that has no idea and just over looked the website and came back with a reply instead of asking someone about it. who knows. guess we'll find out
                                sigpic
                                1987 Rx7 TurboII (Stripped and Crush R.I.P )
                                1987 Rx7 Sport (Street port Rebuild almost done.)
                                2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ sports package

Comment

Working...
                                X