No announcement yet.

Wheres Waldo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics aren't too good, sorry. My plans for the rear end. Custom fiberglass bumper to match the front, JDM tails, remove trunkc garnish and black trim around lights, lip spoiler (probably fiberglass) with brake light. Tinted windows and lowered compared to the stock pic below. (ignore the wheels, I know they're hideous, lol) That grille will be a flat black mesh with a satin black trim around it.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here is the front bumper I talked about, compared to stock. Sorry these one's aren't shaded, but doesn't really need it just to get the concept. Fiberglass, flat black mesh in all four grilles, and the part under the bottom-center grille will be satin black and stepped back so it's not flush with the rest of the bumper.
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow dude, you draw really well.
        1990 Protege 4WD
        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
        ├┼┤
        2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Thanks. Let's see if I can actually take those drawing into reality though.

Comment

i like the front bumper, but not the rear....... keep em coming
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Just for input purposes, what don't you like about the rear? I did change it a little bit,but I'm afraid it might look too much like a Civic now. I'll post the pic when I get on my computer.
              Last edited by irishkev90; 03-01-2010, 11:08 PM.

Comment

its distasteful/ricey to me. but then again our styles don't match & what counts is what makes you happy
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

I might have to change it anyway because I haven't actually looked behind the bumper to see if that would work or not. I've got pretty much an unlimited timeline for this thing so doesn't matter. Thanks for the input though.

Comment

keep the rear bumper more rounded- stay away from sharper edges & i think it'll turn out well

Comment

Actuslly took a look up under the rear bumper earlier and it's safe to say I can't do anything like the drawing anyway so I'll try to com up with another idea. Hang in there, something will come along eventually, lol.

Comment

New rear design

I reduced the size of the grille from the first pic. I agree, it was too tall and looked ricey. Couldn't do it anyway because of the actual bumper behind the cover. If you can imagine where the paint stops and the black plastic shows on the stock bumper, that's about how tall the grille is now. Also, I thought the reverse lights looked kind of awkward so I kept some of the red garnish or whatever under them and also removed the black trim around the lights. Let me know what you think
                        Attached Files

Comment

Didn't realize how big the pic was, sorry.

Comment

^ much better rear design

Comment

Thanks. I'll most likely be going with this when I get around to it. Of course I'll have to play around with the grille depending on where the exhaust actually exits on the real car. That won't be hard to do though. Going to be a helluva lot of work though.

Comment

Bad Ass!!! You could turn somethin like that into a decal, just find a local screen printing shop n have them put it on some vinyl. Bet u'd make some $$$ off that.
                                sigpic
                                Mod List:
                                *KYB GR2 Struts
                                *Modified stock intake
                                *K&N Performance air filter
                                *Stainless Header
                                *Custom Interior- hot pink / black carbon fiber wrap
                                *Urethane Filled Mounts (1 done so far)
                                *Alpine 600W Amp / Audiobahn 12" Sub

Comment

Working...
                                X