No announcement yet.

What do you use to clean your rims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you find time to do any thing else??? 5 hours?!?!!?! That is insane!!
    I guess that is how you keep up your tan!

Mikee Mike
    Last edited by MisterT; 09-06-2003, 09:31 AM.
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by Motegi
      IF it isnt rainning and I dont have to work I normally spend about 5+ hours on my car detailing it. Im insane about my car and its a good thing.
      i mad hear that...however, thanx to working at a car wash, mine is the only car i can wash without twitching

Comment

lol. I am very thourough (sp?) :D I do the door jams, wash, wax, do the inside and out side of the rims ( i dont have to take them off because I can fit my arms between my spokes) :D :D complete interior detail, I mean shampoo seats, carpet (when I had one ) I usually only rag the dash just to get the dust off, exterior trim detailer (im not cool enough to have the body colored handles), I clean my wingm, windows rain X blah blah...I detail it all
        Sagaris

Comment

i wanna woman like u :p

Comment

ha ha ha you've gotta train them
            Sagaris

Comment

lol, but u require no training, therefor less work and im lazy lol

Comment

just want to throw this in, if you have months' worth of brake dust accumulated on your rims, use Simple Green to get rid of them, works great!

and waxing the rims do keep the brake dusts off of the rims, for a few weeks at least

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

I use this cheap orange stuff I got from Wal Mart. Forgot the brand name, but it works just as good as anything else that was more expensive.
                  Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

WORD OF CAUTION about using Simple Green on plastic center caps

well I just tried using Simple Green to clean the rims on my RX-7, which has a plastic center cap. Well let's just say I can see the raw plastic under the center cap now

you have been warned!

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

Originally posted by ZoomZoomH
                      WORD OF CAUTION about using Simple Green on plastic center caps

well I just tried using Simple Green to clean the rims on my RX-7, which has a plastic center cap. Well let's just say I can see the raw plastic under the center cap now

you have been warned!
                      If you have the center caps I think you have (the ones w/ the flame emblem), then I have a set of four - freshly painted and clearcoated if you're interested. They came off of my old set of MX3 wheels. Of course you can always paint the ones you have, but just thought I'd throw that out.
                      Scott
                      '94 Protege LX - gone, but not forgotten
                      '96 Volvo 854T Platinum Limited Edition
                      '98 Volvo V70 T5
                      '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

the ones i have says 'MAZDA' in the middle

it's a 2nd gen, before the flame logo came to existance

I may be interested, what diameter are those caps?

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

They're 2" wide - pm me if you're interested.

Scott
                          '94 Protege LX - gone, but not forgotten
                          '96 Volvo 854T Platinum Limited Edition
                          '98 Volvo V70 T5
                          '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

I usually use Armor All multi-purpose spray about once a week. Works fine.

Comment

by accident

the first time i shined my tires (using turtle wax spray on foaming tire shine), i did a really poor job of evenly spraying, and ended up getting it on the rims too.
                              added a little bit of extra shine to them for a couple weeks...
                              justin
                              Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
                              installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

Comment

yeah i have alloys so a nice coat of eagle one wet on the wheels does the trick everytime
                                FROM A B12 TO A BF...

Comment

Working...
                                X