Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iwokeupfrmadrea
    also, his isnt a gtx, its offa gtr...if that makes any dif
    Sorry mustard man its not a GTR front. someone threw a GTR turbo or motor into it . the GTR only came with the vents hood and huge fog lights

Comment

thanx for clarifying that jon

Comment

yup!
        I am still wondering what that clip originated from.
        It is weird because all the 323 hatches from 90-94 that I have seen oversees have that crease that runs across the top of the hood and under the mirrors under the doors and to the rear hatch window. But this clip didn't have that crease in the hood and fenders.
        Then there was the 5-lug spindle and the huge brake discs. At least about 11 or 12 Inches or so. I was thinking that the may have been a sedan with a GTR swap...
        The fact that they were 5 lug threw the sedan with GTR swap theory out the window. Not to mention the 4wd tranny .. again threw the sedan theory out the window.

I have to only think that the car was some type of rare GTR, that didn't have the crease in the upper portion of the hood and under the doors and the rear 1/4 window.

Adam get some better pics of the car up and take some motor shots to.
        Show that bad boy off..
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I think it was a gtx sedan. the GTR is easy to spot. the hood and fenders i cant see but if they dont have the flare up at the windshield that follow the fenders its not a hatchback. So i think the kid blew his gtx engine and bought a GTR clip and just swapped it over. The front is def a gtx. Are u sure the block is actually a GTR? It could be a upgraded gtx motor. U have to remeber over seas these cars are common. Go to the GTR forums some of them are on there 5th GTR? Either way u look at it you got a hell of a deal with just the GTR turbo and ****. THe GTR was never made without the front bumper hood grile and fenders with flares. Maybe he pounded it into a tree and got it fixed with gtx panels? who knows ..JON

Comment

The clip I got is from a 323 GTR. I ran my VIN through Mazda nad got the info. By the looks of it, the previous owner replaced the GTR panels with the GTX panels to make a sleeper. I will have more pics up soon.

Adam
            1991 Protege GTR
            #1739 of 2500
            1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
            MODS:
            GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
            TO DO LIST:
            EDM/JDM rear bumper
            EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
            Repaint car

Comment

or that....

Comment

Hmmm, mucho mounting support that it's espec. Here's another ...

Scott
                '94 Protege LX - gone, but not forgotten
                '96 Volvo 854T Platinum Limited Edition
                '98 Volvo V70 T5
                '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

i love the GTX front end, GTR is also a good lookin front end if your doing a Turbo Engine Swap. GTR is cheaper ive seen, but CableMirc just got one for like $20.
                  Maroon 1995 Probe SE
                  Beige 1994 Protege DX
                  Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

Working...
                  X