X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
    horrible rims on the ek.
    You don't like my watanabe rims?

Actaully that picture is a few months old, I have 13's on it now... and no lip, looking for something different, maybe SIR or CTR lip.

Here is a shot of the interior

The engine is a sohc... and I love it.
    Looks kind of like a sleaper and honestly, there's not a single original part left under the hood.
    With the money I put in the engine, I could... and probably should have swaped it.
    Thing is though, I honestly don't see a point in swapping it. Price of a civic + a legit GSR swap = more than a whole GSR. Might as well buy a teggy if you want that engine.
    The only swap that actually temps me is a b20z witha b16 trans.

As for the protege, so far I don't have many plans for it. It needs new doors on the passenger side (the previous owner got hit on the side).
    Asside from that, I'm putting some five spoke 14's on it, clear 323 front turnsignals, and maybe a set of mazdaspeed lowering springs, nothing too fance. It's pretty much a base model 1.6 with a 5spd. I don't want to do much to it because I commute to Chicago every day, and everything even remotely nice gets stolen overthere... which is why I can't even drive my civic there
    Last edited by bidi; 04-12-2008, 11:55 PM.

Comment

nice, welcome. i really like the gold rims. it's really nice to see a modded honda with the correct size wheels. :D
      sigpic

Comment

one of the only honda's i like

Comment

Thats like the first honda i've seen not riced out. but its still a honda
          I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
          |.....Overnight....................| ||
          |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
          |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
          "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
          Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Welcome to clubprotege bidi
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by bidi View Post
              I don't want to do much to it because I commute to Chicago every day, and everything even remotely nice gets stolen overthere... which is why I can't even drive my civic there
              Hondas are stolen like candy. Its like thieves have a master key to them all. It takes like 7 seconds to get in, start it, and be gone.
              I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
              |.....Overnight....................| ||
              |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
              |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
              "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
              Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
                Hondas are stolen like candy. Its like thieves have a master key to them all. It takes like 7 seconds to get in, start it, and be gone.
                I now, it's sad.

I have a pager alarm on it with a back up battery, no keyholes in the door doors, kill switches, and I still don't dare to park it downtown.

Just put the 14's on the protege...

I have kind of mixed feelings about these wheels.
                I don't hate them nor love them... I guess they're better than steelies, for now.
                Last edited by bidi; 04-13-2008, 08:04 PM.

Comment

No, not at all. I hate them. They're junk. You should send them to me so I can dispose of them properly.

They'd look great on the Miata.

Also... Hot girlfriend.
                  Last edited by Powar; 04-14-2008, 08:07 AM.
                  '94 Protegé DX

Comment

Thanks, I love her very much.

Comment

I'm on the far right with my '87 900S Airflow at the Saab Owner's Convention '07.

A pic from a couple of weekends ago, before I popped another Differential:

The day that I picked up my '69 Saab last summer in SLC, Utah... This pic was taken immediately before leaving on a cross-country trek back to KY with my best friend:
                      '94 Protegé DX

Comment

long post about hondas
                        you could alwasy do an h22a swap:D. Those are fairly cheap and the mount kits arent horribly expensive.

I had a b18 in my eg and if I'd of kept it long enough for that one to blow I would of gone with the h22
                        Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                        kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                        Originally posted by HopelessCow
                        there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                        Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
                          you could alwasy do an h22a swap:D. Those are fairly cheap and the mount kits arent horribly expensive.

I had a b18 in my eg and if I'd of kept it long enough for that one to blow I would of gone with the h22
                          H22's are fairly cheep, and have nice power, but it's kind of a hasle.
                          It requires hybrid axles, cable shifter instead of the rods and so on, not to mention it's very heavy. And once again, buying a prelude would be cheaper. Almost the same size as a civic and has the engin already in it, not to mention other goodies, like deeper sets, 4 wheel disc brakes, and nicer suspension setup.
                          I actually came across a complete K20a3 swap for $800, almost got it too, till I saw how much the mounts and axles were going to be... not worth it.
                          The only reason B20z tempted me is because it's a CRV engine with plenty of torque, and its a direct bolt in in an EK, even the stock mounts fit.

I'm gonna go work on the protege a little bit. My upper radiator brackets are rusted pretty bad, so I'm gonna try the distilled water, baking soda and trickle charger trick to get the rust off.

Nice saab, powar, espececially the '69. Would be a nice weekend cruicer.

Comment

Welcome to CP Art.....

Please post onto the newbie thread so you can get a proper welcome.

Where is Lombardo?

Is that near Lumbago, Mexico?

David
                            Ky

H22's are fairly cheep, and have nice power, but it's kind of a hasle.
                            It requires hybrid axles, cable shifter instead of the rods and so on, not to mention it's very heavy. And once again, buying a prelude would be cheaper. Almost the same size as a civic and has the engin already in it, not to mention other goodies, like deeper sets, 4 wheel disc brakes, and nicer suspension setup.
                            I actually came across a complete K20a3 swap for $800, almost got it too, till I saw how much the mounts and axles were going to be... not worth it.
                            The only reason B20z tempted me is because it's a CRV engine with plenty of torque, and its a direct bolt in in an EK, even the stock mounts fit.

I'm gonna go work on the protege a little bit. My upper radiator brackets are rusted pretty bad, so I'm gonna try the distilled water, baking soda and trickle charger trick to get the rust off.

Nice saab, powar, espececially the '69. Would be a nice weekend cruicer.
                            David
                            sigpic Ky

Comment

Great Pix Power...

Hope to see you at the Meet.

Calling on all Ky CP members.

Originally posted by Powar View Post
                              I'm on the far right with my '87 900S Airflow at the Saab Owner's Convention '07.

A pic from a couple of weekends ago, before I popped another Differential:

The day that I picked up my '69 Saab last summer in SLC, Utah... This pic was taken immediately before leaving on a cross-country trek back to KY with my best friend:
                              David
                              sigpic Ky

Comment

Originally posted by riverrunnernky View Post
                                Please post onto the newbie thread so you can get a proper welcome.

Where is Lombardo?

Is that near Lumbago, Mexico?

David
                                Ky
                                will do

...and Lombard is in Illinois, right next to Chicago.

Comment

Working...
                                X