No announcement yet.

The Miata R-package lip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad's lip is the vaunted Uber-rare "Garage Vary" polyurethe lip, so it wont bust, only bend. Maybe you could paint your wheels, though? Bronze would look NICE.

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid
      I don't care what people think. If it's a girl's car, that just means that chicks like it. I'm fine with that, it's a good thing. Better than some truck or something that's a "guy's car" that has other men saying "man I wish I could ride in that".

Yeah, but I most often am alone in my Miata, and as witnessed on the Miata.net forums, but not by me personally, most of the people that yell "gay" or other homo-esk comments are often 2 or more males in a single car. Who's gay now, the enthusiast enjoying a drive in his sports car, or a few guys hanging out in 1 car in close proximity to each other?

Hahahaha, I bet guys who drive by you in big trucks say "I wish I could ride that."

Comment

Originally posted by TRRC
        My dad's lip is the vaunted Uber-rare "Garage Vary" polyurethe lip, so it wont bust, only bend. Maybe you could paint your wheels, though? Bronze would look NICE.
        3 of the 4 wheels are warped on the inside rim, like oblong but no impact marks.

They were free with the ES100s off of a wholesale '99 that was traded in at my dealership. I got the 15"s and put my Protege's stock 14"s on the Miata with horribly bad tires and didn't bother ballancing them. The '99 barely ran anyway, I used a can of starter fluid to get it from where it was parked to a lift in the shop. Knocked its head off and made all sorts of other noises, and the rest of the car was trashed.

So nope, not painting them. I'm thinking of painting the center caps(of which 2 are broken but still work) gloss black with the Mazda emblem silver, but I donno. I was looking for circular center caps instead but couldn't find any Mazda ones that fit.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
        On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
        My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
          Hahahaha, I bet guys who drive by you in big trucks say "I wish I could ride that."
          Well actually tonight I drove with a friend in the Miata, top down to a local car gathering spot which for some reason wasn't as busy as it usually is. We passed by numerous others with ample time for comments, but no one said anything. And my friend was acting like a fool, putting his hands in the air like he was on a roller coaster and waving around. I was waiting for someone to yell something and almost feel jyped that no one did.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
          On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
          My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Well actually tonight I drove with a friend in the Miata, top down to a local car gathering spot which for some reason wasn't as busy as it usually is. We passed by numerous others with ample time for comments, but no one said anything. And my friend was acting like a fool, putting his hands in the air like he was on a roller coaster and waving around. I was waiting for someone to yell something and almost feel jyped that no one did.
            lol Your friend sounds......"special"

Comment

LOL, I bet you two looked cute.

Comment

Working...
              X