No announcement yet.

TRRC's NEW Protege thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well bad news guys, Saturday night 12/9, TRRC was on the way home when another car coming towards him crossed the double yellow line, so to avoid a head on collision he took the escape route and went offroad through a ditch and into a tree. Needless to say the Protege had it's face rearranged in a not so pretty way. TRRC's OK, just broke his wrist but a 40 mph collision with a tree is better than a head-on with a Buick. The Protege doesn' t look too bad except for the lower radiator support, hood, front grille, bumper, radiator, AC condenser, Engine and AC fans, and upper Rad. support. So we will see what we'll do in a week or so, try to repair it or strip it and find another.

Comment

Oh damn. As long as he's ok that's the best part. Hope he gets well.
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Holy ****! hope he's ok...thanks for the update!

Comment

oh wow...glad he's alright.

JACK.
          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by miatacp View Post
            Well bad news guys, Saturday night 12/9, TRRC was on the way home when another car coming towards him crossed the double yellow line, so to avoid a head on collision he took the escape route and went offroad through a ditch and into a tree. Needless to say the Protege had it's face rearranged in a not so pretty way. TRRC's OK, just broke his wrist but a 40 mph collision with a tree is better than a head-on with a Buick. The Protege doesn' t look too bad except for the lower radiator support, hood, front grille, bumper, radiator, AC condenser, Engine and AC fans, and upper Rad. support. So we will see what we'll do in a week or so, try to repair it or strip it and find another.
            Oh my! Good to hear he's okay.

Best wishes on a speedy recovery!

Comment

He's doing OK, it's just awkward since it's his right hand. Can't write, shift a 5spd or a lot of just regular things you don't think twice about in a regular day.

Comment

I can imagine.

So who's who here in Hollywood? Who is miatacp and is someone else speaking for you(TRRC)?

Comment

I'm TRRC's Dad.

Comment

well tell him everybody at clubprotege wishes him well and a speedy recovery.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm back, at least a little. Check the photo thread:
                      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...859#post353859

Comment

Originally posted by miatacp View Post
                        I'm TRRC's Dad.
                        Nice to meet you.

Comment

Well, the grey Pro hit the road today. It's really loud, as the exhaust ceases to exist after the cat. The shifter is seriously tweaked, but it'll work for a little bit. I need to replace a few odds and ends, but I should be driving it full time again by next week. Just need to run it around the neighborhood for a little bit and check it out. No full pics yet, as I still have some minor bodywork to do. Here's some teasers of what I've been up to, though:
                          Attached Files

Comment

I have those same tires - not bad ... but they don't make any sound before letting go.

Comment

Yeah, not my first choice, but they're gonna end up on my dad's car, which will be a street car. And, I only had to buy two, since the other two were in good shape. Personally, I would go with a bridgestone or a good michelin. Mileage warranties rock.

Comment

It's baa-aacckk...
                                Tell me what you think!

Comment

Working...
                                X