X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the vigor motor sucked

Comment

Originally posted by Davard
      You really need to research things before making statements like that.

The Acura Vigor used a 5-cyl engine. And no Civic has ever come with anything other than a 4-cyl.

Good job. Notice I said Honda........ NOT ACURA.
      I know they are the same company, but any car with a HONDA badge on the outside does not come with a 5 cylinder motor.

And as I said before NO HONDA came with a 5 cylinder motor.
      Acura yes, the Vigor being an example.

Came stated above meaning stock. Of course you could drop one in with some modifications.

And yes the first civic that came out in the late 70's had a 2 cylinder that produced a whoppin 50 hp or something like that. It was one of Honda's first attempts at making a fuel efficent car.

(I said 3 cylinder earlier I meant 2, but I remembered seeing a 3 cylinder somewhere. I will find it.)

Before trying to post and telling others to research, try doing it yourself.

Dont mean to be a dick, but I do know what I'm talking about.
      Last edited by D323; 12-07-2003, 03:58 PM.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Oh and here's some Mazda history for those bored/interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Davard
          You really need to research things before making statements like that.

The Acura Vigor used a 5-cyl engine. And no Civic has ever come with anything other than a 4-cyl.
          WOW you got schooled, LOL maybe next time YOU will do a search. BURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!
          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
          225.94wtq
          torque monster!!!!
          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Vigor is not a honda, but an Acura. I know its the same maker just like toyota and lexus, but what I was saying is that any stock car that is a honda, never had a 5 cylinder.

Comment

so it doesnt matter that the G25a1 says honda on it? and that until recently there was VERY little difference between the acura and honda line?

does any of this matter? the vigor motor sucked

Comment

yeah I know the Acura motor have honda written all over them.
                I know they are the same.
                I know that motor sucked a$$.

My point was that the orginal statement was something about a CRV having a 5 cylinder motor. I then said no Honda (meaning a car that is stock and has chrome 'H' on the back) has ever had a 5 cylinder.

I dont count an Acura as a Honda, even thought they are the same manufacturer.
                Last edited by D323; 12-08-2003, 02:34 PM.

Comment

And no none of this matters, I ws just a little peeved that someone said I knew not what I was talking about when I knew perfectly what I was talking about.

I tend to make generalizations about Honda that usually seem to piss people off in some way or another. I dont mean to do it, they are just blatent observations about how I percieve something.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                    Good job. Notice I said Honda........ NOT ACURA.
                    I know they are the same company, but any car with a HONDA badge on the outside does not come with a 5 cylinder motor.

And as I said before NO HONDA came with a 5 cylinder motor.
                    Acura yes, the Vigor being an example.

Came stated above meaning stock. Of course you could drop one in with some modifications.

And yes the first civic that came out in the late 70's had a 2 cylinder that produced a whoppin 50 hp or something like that. It was one of Honda's first attempts at making a fuel efficent car.

(I said 3 cylinder earlier I meant 2, but I remembered seeing a 3 cylinder somewhere. I will find it.)

Before trying to post and telling others to research, try doing it yourself.

Dont mean to be a dick, but I do know what I'm talking about.
                    A Acura is a Honda... hands down...
                    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I dont consider an Acura a Honda. I know they have the same motor and are made by the same manufacturer, but If you owned a Lexus SC430, you wouldnt call it a Toyota, especially after the price you just paid.

Thats my point. I dont count it as a Honda.

Comment

Are you aware that outside of the USA there is no such thing as a Acura or Lexus...

Those are just names to please the American market. So a Acura is a Honda no matter what you say or how you try to manipulate it.

So people in Japan do drive a Honda TL(if they call it a TL over there)... it's the same thing.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

there are tons of places outside of the us that have acura and lexus, the us isnt the only place with those, but the majority of the lexus line differs GREATLY then to that of the acura/honda lineup

civics/integras share the same basic chassis (eg,eh,dc, all the same basic ****) and even so the cl and tl can swap tons of **** with the accord, im sorry but i dont see you bolting up some is 300 parts to your camry any time soon

the 5 cyl honda thing was an inside joke between me and jon (itzkcatz) towards my comment about bending 3 and snapping two rods, he used it sarcastically back at me and then all of this exploded

back on topic, my car is being parted out within the next couple weeks, this should be fun

Comment

so what are you getting next...

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                              so what are you getting next...

A Protege, lol

Comment

Working...
                              X