Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why my friend sucks (6 640x480 pics, no 56k)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i went to the mazda rev it up event here in DC, they had one on display and someone had jacked the shift knob
    Tag Team

Comment

i realyl want one...i used to want a srt4 real bad now i am wanting a RX8 for 25k base, u cant beat that..

Comment

Thats awsome, I got an invitation in the mail to test drive one. I need to find that damn thing and take one for a spin.
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Hopefully if all goes as planned, we're going to be taking a long roadtrip in it tonight/tomorrow morning. We're going to see A Perfect Circle in Syaracuse, I think it's about a 4 or 5 hour drive from here, maybe more. We hope to take the 8, but his fiance wants to drive it around town I'm sure. They also have a '03 mazda 6, so it won't be too bad either way, heh.
          Dan
          dreesemonkey

Comment

Now he can get toasted by srt-4's. j/k
            Rick
            '99 10th Anniversary Edition Miata #1946
            '02 Protege5.0

Comment

did they fix the the fact that it loses 1/3 of the power through the drivetrain?

Comment

Apparently the issue isn't the drivetrain loss. Mazda already had 'downgraded' the HP output a few months ago from 250hp to 238hp.

Also, from what I've heard, is that a guy on RX8 club got the ECU re-programmed and found something like 40 odd hp in there, probably mostly from emissions reasons. I don't know how true that is, but interesting none the less.

The biggest problem I'm hearing about is the terrible gas mileage, no matter how you drive. A lot of people were getting 12-13 mpg either beating it or granny shifting, regardless of city or highway driving.
                Dan
                dreesemonkey

Comment

Did some more research, apparently the 8s are running really rich, like super-rich. One of the members on the club is developing a piggyback to lean out the a/f mixture.
                  Dan
                  dreesemonkey

Comment

my brother got a black one with red/black leather interior, dirtbag. I can't even drive it because he's in LosA.
                    My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
                    JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
                    AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

The RX-8 is the car I want when I get out of college. ::drools::
                      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
                        The biggest problem I'm hearing about is the terrible gas mileage, no matter how you drive. A lot of people were getting 12-13 mpg either beating it or granny shifting, regardless of city or highway driving.
                        great info

i dont like it, and after reading that, i still dont like it

Comment

Eh, i'd rather buy an older RX7 and mod it... new cars are overrated
                          '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                          '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                          '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                          '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                          '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                          '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

I see no pictures...
                            1993 Mazda Protege DX Automatic SOHC
                            Fully Replaced sound system(Pioneer) with Pioneer Deck, Honda Rims, , Intake Modd with Racing Filter,NGK spark plugs,Xact Spark plug wires, Optix Green Under Body Light kit (waiting to be installed)
                            Cherry Bomb Turbo Performance Muffler (works much better than a fart can)

Comment

Yeah i wish i could see.
                              According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Hmm, pictures worked fine for me last year when the thread was posted... don't know what happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X