Protege stance/stock vs. after exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therieldeal View Post
    doesnt matter, the weight of the car is now sitting out much furthur from the bearing, giving it way more leverage to wear the bearing out. dont believe me.. but you'll see in a few thousand miles

-jon
    I believe you, i'm just hoping they'll last, especially with the rough suspension

Comment

I'll definitely believe the wheel bearing thing, I just went from a +45mm offset to a +38mm offset and even that made my already worn out bearings a little noisier. Those rims are hot though. You might run into the same problem area in the rear that I just had to hammer into submission today, the bottom of the door sticks out into the wheel well and makes a square ledge that the tire was rubbing during aggressive turns.
      Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Hadoken View Post
        I'll definitely believe the wheel bearing thing, I just went from a +45mm offset to a +38mm offset and even that made my already worn out bearings a little noisier. Those rims are hot though. You might run into the same problem area in the rear that I just had to hammer into submission today, the bottom of the door sticks out into the wheel well and makes a square ledge that the tire was rubbing during aggressive turns.
        yeah, i had a feeling that might be the culprit, was it difficult to hammer out, seems fairly solid.

Comment

Not difficult at all, maybe a little awkward since you can't really see where you're hitting. I used a 4lb sledge though so it might take some more time with a regular hammer. It ****s up the bottom of the door pretty bad though, you can see it all crumpled up and the paint cracked if you look in the seam along the door, but you can't notice unless your trying to look for it. There's too much parking lot damage on my car for me to care but I'm sure a lot of people would have problems with it, although I am disappointed to have to deal with rust prevention anyway.
          Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Pox View Post
            So he needs more spacers? Im a noob @ wheels.com =[
            the lower the offset number, the more the wheel sticks out, giving it a wide stance

stock offset is 45mm, look at my wheels in my sig.

his are "10mm", look how they stick out

Comment

Looks good, super agressive. I would advise against it, but, seeing as how you're already using them... F.Y.I., when rolling/smacking your fenders into submission, hit them with a heat gun to soften the paint, it's less likely to crack then. Stance looks Awesome, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by TRRC View Post
                Looks good, super agressive. I would advise against it, but, seeing as how you're already using them... F.Y.I., when rolling/smacking your fenders into submission, hit them with a heat gun to soften the paint, it's less likely to crack then. Stance looks Awesome, by the way.
                thanks, although recently went back to truck status to improve handing.

Comment

it looks badass tho
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

i really like the way those wheels sit flush with the fender lips and the tire cambers in. . . really looks mean IMO. thats kinda the look i want to get at once i get my suspension right.
                    sigpic

Comment

indeed, it gives the bg a whole new aditude
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by therieldeal View Post
                        doesnt matter, the weight of the car is now sitting out much furthur from the bearing, giving it way more leverage to wear the bearing out. dont believe me.. but you'll see in a few thousand miles

-jon
                        wise advice
                        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
                        X