No announcement yet.

Painted Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so when you bake these do you just re apply them togehter and bake them, or do you need to use a sealer or?
    i just cant wait to do this , i will be killing 2 birds with one stone.
    removing and jumping repeatidly uppon thy orange reflector, and painting the casing!!

Comment

Yeah when you get done painting and are ready to rebake them, I just held them together for a moment before putting them back into the oven. Once you get done baking them for the second time you need to hold the two pieces tightly together to reseal. Mine went back together perfectly.

Comment

perfect I cant wait till tomorrow.
        My OLD Car

Comment

sweet, now do the corners
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I don't know if the corners I have on now are paintable or not. I guess I could give it a shot.

Comment

Well Bruce I will tell you in about fifteen minutes whether it works or not. My corners are baking in the oven right now.

Comment

Well that was a failure. The glass just chipped and the glue held together without even budging. Oh well, you can't win them all. Instead I just ordered the procarparts black corners.

Comment

phew and I was about to bake my corners. I tried my old orange ones and that failed too.
                  My OLD Car

Comment

lol i was waiting for an exciting corner project to match the headlights, damn that sucks

headlights look good, not that it matters to me all that much but what do the corners look like?

Comment

Well there is hope. PCP makes black corners so I just went ahead and ordered them.

Comment

the black on the lights your ordered dont look glossy :/ are you gonna try to paint them if its not glossy?

Comment

looks great, can't wait to see them with the black corners
                          Dan
                          dreesemonkey

Comment

the front end of your car is gonna look so much meaner ... ohhh baby
                            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

You think it will look mean when I get the corner lights, just wait til the carbon fiber hood arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by icynelly
                                phew and I was about to bake my corners. I tried my old orange ones and that failed too.
                                Oh man I forgot all about that. I remember seeing those pictures. It looked like at the end you just got frustrated and put a hammer through the center of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X