Latest addition to my Mazda Family....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MazdaMania
    She still holds a little sentimental value since she was my first car. If she ever gets boosted I'll take the 6 hour trip and you'll have to let me take her for a spin.
    I understand where you're coming from with the sentimental value. My first car (bought new) popped its engine. It was hard to leave after I put her back together.

You've got a deal on the drive.

Originally posted by MazdaMania

I should have introduced you to Charles(Bassmaster) while you were up here. If you've been hanging with the FI crowd long on miata.net you should know the name and the prestige. I'm not sure if he's still got the V-8 killer but I know he's been pondering parting it out and hopping up the M3 he bought a while back. He was #9 and has run times around 5 or 6.Worlds fastest Miatas
    Keep me updated on what happens to it. You've got my #, email, and address. I'm sure you can get in touch somehow.
    I need to start spending more time on miata.net. There are some very knowledgable folks there. However, this forum and Protege5.com burn enough time as it is, heh. Replies and new threads pop up so fast on that board

As far as this Miata goes, it'll be at least spring before the exterior restoration starts (it's going to be bloody cold this winter in GA). I certainly hope I can get it running within the next three weeks.

I'll keep you, as well as everyone else informed as to the progress, pics included.
    -Kevin
    -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
    -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
    -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
    -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
    -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily

Comment

Everybody come vote for what Kevin should do to his new find on my page. Come on...you know you want to. And it's all in good deed.
      If you do restore it(add turbo) it sound like the perfect candidate for a future Miata of the Month.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
      Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
      I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

i say screw practicality, build it into a monster miata everyone knows what a monster miata is rite? well, it's a miata with the 5.0L V8 from the fords stuffed into it. i would kill to do this conversion, although it is highly impractical/cost effective. just imagine though, some ricer pulls up next to ya, wanting to race thinking you have just a stock miata. then, when the light turns green, and he hears the V8 roar, , never knew what happened
        '04 altima 2.5s sonoma sunset

Nismo CAI
        18" ASA AR1's wrapped in Dunlop Direzza 225/45WR18

Comment

Originally posted by sileighty21
          i say screw practicality, build it into a monster miata everyone knows what a monster miata is rite? well, it's a miata with the 5.0L V8 from the fords stuffed into it. i would kill to do this conversion, although it is highly impractical/cost effective. just imagine though, some ricer pulls up next to ya, wanting to race thinking you have just a stock miata. then, when the light turns green, and he hears the V8 roar, , never knew what happened
          Heh, that idea has crossed my mind, but I quickly nixed it, heh. I have similar plans for some front wheel drive car to receive a similar swap for (hopefully) the $2005 GRM challenge. We'll see if it ever materializes.
          Last edited by kcbhiw; 12-12-2003, 11:16 AM.
          -Kevin

Comment

ooh...I totally forgot that one. sounds like another candidate for the poll even though it doesn't sound like it'll happen.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
            Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
            I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

Latest Update on Miata #2

Here's a few progress pics. Nothing special, really. I was able to pull the engine today and bring it to my garage. The crank keyway is VERY worn. I can say that I don't think I've ever seen one this bad, even in pictures. I received the (used) replacement crankshaft back from the machine shop yesterday (Standard cut, just a polish). I now await new bearings, seals, and associated items from Mazda.......on to the degreasing.

Worn keway:

Engine/Tranny:

Worn Woodruff Key:

Awaiting the BFH:

Polished crank ready for installation:
              Last edited by kcbhiw; 12-13-2003, 11:50 PM.
              -Kevin

Comment

Working...
              X