• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lmao!!!!

Is your car fitted with P/S?
    mazda stands by you

Comment

^ HELL NO! i want is as difficult to drive as possible for anyone but me.
      plus i do not like powersteering
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I like your thinking!!
        I see you like to put up a good fight with your car.
        Yeah, agreed! P/S feel can sometimes be to light, I experienced that on my Dad's FS 626. Especially when cornering hard, the car feels very unstable, where as with his older 89' 626 the steering feel is much better, but town driving was s bit of a "beach"
        mazda stands by you

Comment

P/S can die in a fire. that sh*t always just feels so overboosted to me. im just not a fan on the whole. that and its just one more thing to break in my eyes.
          loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
          73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
          sigpic

Comment

Nice bracket Ryan, you going to have a few made up?
            2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
            1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

^ no, if anyone wants one they can come to me for the file or ask me to make another one.
              Last time i made front mount brackets for the FE3 drop in. im still sitting on ALL of them people's failed interest or fear of a new (old)swap here on CP has me a littlebit upset.
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Nice plate. I might have to use something like that when I get a big turbo.
                Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                "Who Dey"

Comment

just a quick question ryan about how much money would u say it takes to do this fe3/fe3t swap vs a bp

ps beautiful art work on the fe3 progress

Comment

Swapping in a FE3. requires less different parts then a KL swap.

a Kia FE3 can be found in the JY for the same cost as any other motor.
                    MX6 2.2(NA) transmission/axels (same cost as any other in the JY)
                    uses existing BP front rear/top rubber engine mounts.
                    uses existing BP rear/top engine mount brackets
                    uses existing transmission crossmember
                    uses existing BP shift linkage
                    uses MX3 V6 beltside engine mount
                    you can buy a front engine mount bracket from me
                    you can buy an A/C bracket from me
                    you can buy TB adapters for **full mazda FE3's only**
                    BP/t management can be used

BOLTS RIGHT IN! (no cutting needed)
                    but then again. not a single other member has enough balls to just drop one in. I seriously don't understand that one.
                    So virtually the same cost as a BP swap

Comment

It sounds too easy but I trust what you say.

Comment

pm me a price for mounts set plz

Comment

^ see post 53+ people have seemingly forgot to listen when i say it bolts right in.
                          they have confused my swap with what only needs to be done.
                          My swap is above/beyond preparing the chassis frame-rail for a E153 AWD swap- that is why i have cut it.

Comment

subbin. Awsome project.
                            397whp, 373tq Dyno Video

Full Standalone E6X, Intel Dual Core 3.2GHz, Dynamix 8", Clarion 5.1
                            Easystreet, 4 corner control, 9 way dampers, 8 gallon tank, dual Viair 380C's
                            Garrett T3 twin scroll, 3" v-band exhaust, 4" antisurge intake, Dual BB, standalone water cooled
                            Full fuel system, SIGNATURE TANKS, 18" Motegi, etc...

Comment

Hmmmm. fe3 or klze. Mannn. Another decision for my future swap plans. Dam!

Stock for stock and swap wise, which one is superior?

Sorry if this has been discussed already and i don't mean to derail this thread.
                              My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

IIRC there's a few different FE3s out there, so it all depends on which one you would get.

Personally I'd go FE3 if I had an option and a BP swap was not one of them. Especially after reading someone was able to bolt a Miata BP 6spd trans to one
                                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Working...
                                X