My FE3 progress thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ i hope so.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Looking good dude, hit me up next time your working on her in the morning. If it's good weather I will come help. I want to get as much drive time in with the miata before I sell it.
      1991 Mazda 323 Base (Gretchen)-Build Thread
      Sold-1987 Mazda 323 Wagon (Molly)-Build Thread
      R.I.P.-1988 Mazda 323 GT (Misty) -Build Thread

Oh Colorado, how beautiful your mountains and awesome your roads!

Comment

Looking good Ryan!!! you plan on keeping ac?

Comment

yeppers. it works in this one!
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

lots of small tweaks. but the motor is solid now. officially mounted!!!!
            time to build/weld the downpipe/charge piping/coolant inlet

filled mounts- http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14995

I need a smaller or dramatically thinner fan in order to fit it with the front mount.
            either that or re-design a new front mounting system.
            Attached Files

Comment

Down to the home stretch almost
              Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
              "Who Dey"

Comment

Thats wicked!

And did you have to cut the wheel well to fit the trans, or is that future provision for the awd gear box?

Custom rad? Shrink it and tuck it into the rad support?
                My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

Awesome!

Have you tried the shafts yet? You might need to do some custom mods to them with doing what you've done.

Why did you have to mod the mounts like that? They were spot on in bens car, maybe your shell is bent?????

Comment

^jesse, the car has never been in an accident. Its difficult to understand why the fitment is off, who knows. ~15-20mm off with the front/back mounts. the side mounting was spot on tho.

Comment

hmmmmm ryan something isnt right here .... i hope u modded the drivers side(your pass side) mount like i said .. i dnt know if your drive shafts are going to work now.

u had to nock the dimple on the rail in to clear the alt and mod the body mount back in to move the motor and box to the drivers side to make up the differnce . all my mounts dropped in square and true ......

just make sure your motor is sitting flat and not leaning towards the passenger side of the car ..... nice big notch there too hahahha ....... looks good thou i hope u welded the inner metal together before u covered it all up.

Comment

the motor is sitting flat, the trans upper mount fit the rail perfect.
                        i modified the mx3 (enous 30x v6 mount) for the belt side to fit the OEM bracket.
                        Those 2 mounts alone will position the transmission where it will sit.
                        i've yet to check the axels, but all things considering for the motor/trans side mounts i think it should be fine.

there is fuk all for radiator clearance tho. i have to look into a new fan.

edit: i did weld-up the inner metal of the frame rail.
                        Definitely noted too much was removed, but alas i cut the rail before i came to aus & saw better.

Comment

hmmmmm how much clearance did u have between the bottem pully and the inner guard..... i had fuk all i modded the side of the mount to fit right i didnt wanna move the box so the shafts were the right length .

im sure u have a pic of it with the slotted holes .

dosent realy matter eather way if it is going to work for u then all the beta i did mine with no rail chop thou and the reason that top box mount fits perfect is coz they all have slotted holes ... looks good i just hope u dnt run into probs ..

just run a single fan on your radiator inside the engine bay u shouldnt have a problem with it getting hot just get a good one like a spal fan with the curved blades they move heaps of air

Comment

i'll have to get more measurements for ya.

Comment

mocked up a downpipe. i'll get pictures posted tonight.

ben i have about 10-15mm of clearance to the framerail at the main pulley. (idk if my txt made it through to you)

Comment

wow awesome progress man, glad she's mounted in there!
                                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Working...
                                X