Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
    Edit:

Drove it around the block....... trying to sort out an alignment for monday. possibly sooner
    lifetime alignment at my work. works at any tires plus or Firestone location nation wide.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilyb View Post
      Why not an optical?

BTW Ryan, if I recall, you mentioned that I would need to replace the coolant temp sending unit ...is that correct? that would be the one under the disty that goes to the cluster gauge, right?

Regarding the disty, if I recall correctly, if there are 2 notches on top of the housing it's a Hall effect, and if there is only one it's an optical...
      Actually its the other way around on a bp. 2 notches is the optical
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

woot!!! glad to see she's able to start idle, let us know what you find for gremlins.
        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
          .... I don't quite have the patience to set the TPS tho.
          WHAT!! you've got the patience to undercoat/weld/fabricate this entire behemoth, but not to take 10 minutes with a DMM? lol. I know what you mean, though. It's running, and driving, RIGHT THERE in front of you, taunting you with every breath you take.

--sarge

Comment

Have you got the BP ecu connected to the FE3 idle control valve? Unplug it if you do. Besides this possible distributor problem, if the throttle is shut the idle control valve is the only thing that can make it surge like that. With a vac leak it would just sit at a constant RPM.

Comment

there is no FE3 idle control valve. i welded a BP TB flange onto the FE manifold- so its strictly BP components. the ecu by no means should recognize any difference in engine.

well today.... pulled apart the disty. noticed 1 of the 3 screws was missing & the other 2 were loose. so the electrical base was sloppy.
              Which in turn caused the metal guts to contact on the magnets inside. Replaced the metal components with the BP pieces & adjusted the electrical base so there was proper clearance.
              It runs better & misfires less extreme. But throttle is still funky.
              searching around for other options i decided to pull the TPS plug.........

the motor wanted to free rev to possibly the moon- & didn't seem to misfire/was difficult to notice as i didn't want it to free rev.
              Not entirely sure what this means. guru's- what are your thoughts...... Bad TPS? TPS out of spec?
              note: this was the TB previously ran on my BPT. but it was also bolted down during welding of the TB flange.
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

took a couple pictures today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4988.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	1231057

Name:	100_4989.JPG
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	1231058

Name:	100_4990.JPG
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	1231059

Name:	100_4995.JPG
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	1231060

& also decided to tear down & prep the Tilt steering column to go into the car. (took off the old ignition in favor of matching locks)

Name:	100_4985.JPG
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	1231055

Name:	100_4987.JPG
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	1231056
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

If its free revving then air is getting in somewhere! If the throttle is closed 100% then its not that. Find that leak.......

Comment

Looks great, glad to here it is running. Hope you capture the gremlins.
                    Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

jesse- it only seems to want to free rev up if i pull the TPS plug off.

Comment

Hmmmm that doesnt make sense. An engine cant rev without air, so for it to free rev to infinity and beyond there has to be a fairly large amount of air going in. Maybe the bpt idle control is stuffed for some reason.

Comment

well. there is no valve running inline to that idle controller. maybe too much coolant through it is causing it to be an issue??????

Comment

new cap/rotor & fixed the distributor issues. still doesn't idle right & still misfiresheld the camera in my mouth- sorry its a bouncy video.

^part one

Part 2^^

Comment

Good to see you finally driving it! Lets see some videos on boost!

Comment

"You're gonna ram him!? That's not very nice!" Hahaha.

Comment

Working...
                                X