An FE3 is 15mm longer than a BP.

Comment

Originally posted by jesiotrot View Post
      An FE3 is 15mm longer than a BP.

thanks, sorry to thread jack man
      2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
      1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

can't wait to see what you do with this thing.

Comment

hahah first post on here .... good place to start

.. nice job ryan its lookin good

dnt no whatt u r trying to do with the drivers side cradle as i just used the origanal one it fitted beta gave more clearence

hurry up and get it going and get over here and c how the ausys do it .....

i wanna put all my motor and **** into a bg just so i can get a ride of the month

hahaha all good champ

Comment

Arrival

Sorry to spam your thread... but I figured it was the best place to get your attention, just delete or move the post if you care, I guess.

I'll be in Madison Wednesday night or so, does your couch offer still stand? I can't wait to see my shiney blue ally parts :-) You can hand them over in person, yippee! :-)

Can you email me your actual address and mobile/house phone numbers to fred dot cooke at gmail dot com so I can find you up there? I'll give you a bell as soon as I see it :-)

Fred.
            DIYEFI.org - TRUE DIY engine management

Comment

nice! try to make it down here on sat. A few of us are hitting up a local junk yard. Im sure thats something you would enjoy.
              ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
              ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
              What are you driving?

Comment

DIYEFI.org - TRUE DIY engine management

Comment

Not to bring up a thread from October 2009 just for the heck of it, but I was wondering if there are more pics/ updates about this great project.

Man, spent the last half hour or so reading and seeing your engine swap.

Thank you

?

Comment

well...... life's had me wrecked lately with no free time. I need to assemble the H transmission & the Mfactory LSD for it. & start cutting the frame for clearance. my main holdback right now is finding time to assemble this damn transmission

I do have another member CAD drafting the front engine mount to make a complete bolt in kit for anyone else who wants to follow in my footsteps
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

.............................couple things
                      more pictures tomorrow
                      Attached Files
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

That manifold is really close to being right on. I'm sure you'll get it done. What turbo you going with. Looks like the ss autocrome mani with the t3 flange.
                        Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                        "Who Dey"

Comment

looking good Ryan, that manifold is sick, who made it?

Comment

i need to pull in the 4th runner a smidge & it should line up well enough to weld in. i beleive im going to change the flange while im @ it too.

heres another picture. i cut up a stock F2 throttlebody to makeshift it into an adapter elbow & manage around the brake booster.
                            Attached Files

Comment

ohh. Progress is good. What kind of tq numbers will you be looking at when finished?
                              My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

front engine mount (G trans) mockup

pics depicting a bolt in affair FE3 with a G series transmission.....

its only MM's off. for a first prototype id say were on the right track
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X