No announcement yet.

My FE3 progress thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTR ecu's have low ohm injectors, which send a huge amount of current to open the valve, but only needs a small amount of current to keep it open. this method of injector driving can cause high ohm injectors to operate erratically, I would try using a GTX ecu to test it out, or Low ohm injectors atleast.
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by MD323 View Post
      GTR ecu's have low ohm injectors, which send a huge amount of current to open the valve, but only needs a small amount of current to keep it open. this method of injector driving can cause high ohm injectors to operate erratically, I would try using a GTX ecu to test it out, or Low ohm injectors atleast.

GTR's have a resistor box to match the low ohm injectors. the ECU itself recognizes a high ohm signal only.

Edit: just to clarify- i have been running the GTR ecu for some time now running several different sets of high ohm injectors. no issues to date
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

not to start an argument (seeing as it seems not to be your issue) but the resistors are there so they can use the same transistor as they would for a hi ohm injector, this says nothing about the control algorithm used for the Low Z injectors, infact the ability to control an injector in this manner is the only benefit of using low Z injectors in this application. So while I disagree with you on the how the GTR ecu works, its kinda pointless for this thread.
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.

Comment

one question: where are the vids of this thing ripping around?
          My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

not to start an argument (seeing as it seems not to be your issue) but the resistors are there so they can use the same transistor as they would for a hi ohm injector, this says nothing about the control algorithm used for the Low Z injectors, infact the ability to control an injector in this manner is the only benefit of using low Z injectors in this application. So while I disagree with you on the how the GTR ecu works, its kinda pointless for this thread.
            So, to take full advantage of using the GTR ECU you need to use Low Imp. Injectors and the OE (or some equivalent) resistor box?
            -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
            VF10 powered!
            262 Whp & 257 Wtq
            13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

fair nuff- regardless im just happy it runs hi-ohm w/o issues
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by 93BlkOnGreenPro View Post
                one question: where are the vids of this thing ripping around?
                the car is in storage- & my latest max PSI was ~3ish@ a very weak throttle percentage.
                changing the injectors/swaybar/front struts before it see's the road again

so....... maybe springtime

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                  So, to take full advantage of using the GTR ECU you need to use Low Imp. Injectors and the OE (or some equivalent) resistor box?
                  Correct. the main advantage is better small pulse width control on large injectors. modern aftermarket ecu's can do this without the need for low imp injectors ect.
                  -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

ok ryan... so will this thing be out at some meets this summer? or am i going to have to see it at skunks again?

Comment

yes eric

Comment

yes i have to see it at skunks? I wouldnt expect n e thing less.. haha

Comment

^ the car hasn't been at skunks for ages now.
                          it runs & drives. i just refuse to put it through a salted winter. (which is understandable)

put the back tires on some mover dolley's from harbor freight. planning to grab another 2 of em for the front. - sure makes moving the car around in the garage ALOT easier.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0221130012a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	341.8 KB
ID:	1234794

Comment

Name:	181_5908.JPG
Size:	297.4 KB
ID:	1234884

Name:	181_5918.jpg
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	1234894

Name:	181_5917.jpg
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	1234893

Name:	181_5916.jpg
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	1234892

Name:	181_5915.jpg
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	1234891

Name:	181_5914.jpg
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	1234890

Name:	181_5913.jpg
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	1234889

Name:	181_5912.jpg
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	1234888

Name:	181_5911.jpg
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	1234887

Name:	181_5910.jpg
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	1234886

Name:	181_5909.JPG
Size:	338.9 KB
ID:	1234885

Comment

sweeet! I didn't realize you were running a 3rd gen subframe, I love that they've updated the sway bar mounts with 2 bolts vs the slip clamp lol...can't beat common sense lol. Silly Mazda.
                              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

You mentioned that you didnt have to completely drop the sub frame. Did you just loosen the subframe and guide it out?

And did the civic 22mm bushings work?
                                My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

Working...
                                X