Recent pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent pics

Took some pics of the car, still alot of work ahead. At least, the only rust that is left is the one you see in the pic, everything else was removed and repaired. Breaking in the engine at the moment, MS is next. Front has coilovers, rear is stock struts but will have coilovers prolly by next week. And the wheels are 16s, but its hard to tell because of the bigger discs and hubs.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000556.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	336.4 KB
ID:	1258835

Name:	P1000554.JPG
Size:	308.0 KB
ID:	1258836

Name:	P1000555.JPG
Size:	300.2 KB
ID:	1258837

Name:	P1000557.JPG
Size:	301.4 KB
ID:	1258838
    Last edited by 323driver; 04-10-2008, 11:32 PM.

Nice 5 lug conversion. Gtr hubs? Not feelin the color on those style wheels though. Weird cause I luv blacked out cars.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Canadian roads aren't good to you. I'm feeling the 5 lug, with 4 lugs
      No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Yep, this is all GTR hardware, spindles, rear LSD, discs and calipers. Needed 5 lug wheels cause I couldn't use any of my old wheels anymore so got these MP5 wheels with tires for 100$, don't care how they look as I needed any wheels and yep, still missing a lug nut on every wheel, lol. The tires are huge though, 205/55/16 but will be gettin new tires after the suspension settles (I got all subframes and arms replaced from that GTR)

here is an engine shot, dirty but it's better that way for our climate.

Name:	P1000553.JPG
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	1212489

Comment

That is awesome. GTR > sex
          what intake mani is that?
          I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
          |.....Overnight....................| ||
          |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
          |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
          "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
          Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
            looks like a stock BP intake mani.......

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
              das be stock BP intake. just looks funny cause its dirty, and the inj. harness is hanging out.

And I don't think GTR>sex, maybe close, real close. the thrill just isn't the same.
              No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

stock BP mani and yes, the injector harness is hanging as I quickly swapped from the GTR mani back to the stock mani due to me being NA and the car not running NA with the GTR mani. It is dirty, it was at the wreckers 2 days ago and today, it's on my car, just cleaned the inside quickly.

Comment

why does it have the b8 intake on it?
                  ---prakash

Comment

Good work, sucks about the rust. How are the strut towers in the back?

Comment

All 4 have minor surface rust but nothing major. Whenever I have access to a good sandblaster, I'll clean them as well. I added reinforcement at the base of the front towers, the back ones are ok.

Is there actually a difference between the B8 and BP intake tube?

I'll prolly cut the rusted area off and weld a clean piece from another pro but that's not a priority, it's just sheet metal. For now, I need to figure out why my idle is higher than supposed to be and time the ignition properly and make sure it's running good and won't blow up when I boost it.
                      Last edited by 323driver; 04-11-2008, 03:33 PM.

Comment

there is a difference. it might just be placement though. i dont know if the regular bp intake is bigger in diameter.
                        ---prakash

Comment

Working...
                        X