Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Folks this is what happens to your tires when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn kid, how long did you drive that way for?

Comment

trust me, it can happen over a summer....
      Very easily ...

Mine got toasted in a summer and I had 2 alignments done...
      but my khumo's were not as bad as his.. I had more wear on the inner portion of the tire .. The middle to the outer edge was like brand new..
      A total waste of a tire.
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

My drivers side one is wearing a little on the inside but no where near that bad, you sure it isnt camber wear? Seems odd, thats what happend to Chris (the kid with the del sol that was in Miami the last time I was there) his camber was off really bad and he went through tires fast.
        Sagaris

Comment

yeah it sucks..
          off camber and off toe will eat up tires quick
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
            It wasn't too long, maybe about three or four months. Does that sound right icynelly?
            yea since i just got rims in the end of summer. I drove like that for like three days. I JUST realized what it was. You see a couple months ago (when I had hub cups) I was drifting in the wet road coming out of work trying to show off to these chics (stupid me) and I drifted into the curb and hit the same tire. Apparently I just realized that it messed up my camber when I did that. So when I got this redone the guy had to refabricate the camber on just that tire (the one i messed up)
            My OLD Car

Comment

oh ****.... thanks to that ****in prious I hit a curb.... havent gotten my alignment done since I was planin on havin the rims in like 2 weeks when it happened but since I didnt get them I just kept putin it off....I hope it didnt **** up mine too.. cuz if it did... that means both of my front tires... but I should of noticed it by now on my 13's shouldn't I have? i mean that was like 3-4 months ago

and if it is ****ed up(please GOD please let it be fine) how much is it gonna cost me
              Last edited by asylum24; 01-05-2004, 10:56 PM.

Comment

**** dont tell me im not gonna notice till i drop my car.... i have to notice something now dont I?! god someone answer... this is makin me sweat...or thats my fever but still!

Comment

unfortunatly it probably will happen to you. I just noticed this now (about 4 months later) and after I dropped my car. So I would take it to get aligned and see if the camber is still good. Simple way to check is to see if ur starting to wear on the inside.
                  My OLD Car

Comment

it's toe wear, not camber. Camber would take YEARS to do that much damage.
                    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                    -93 MR2, 129 ES
                    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

years?
                      Sagaris

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                        it's toe wear, not camber. Camber would take YEARS to do that much damage.
                        ok i take it your the expert on this.
                        My OLD Car

Comment

Originally posted by icynelly
                          ok i take it your the expert on this.
                          He's right. Toe causes the tire to drag along the pavement as you drive. Camber only wears a smaller area of the tire, but the tire isn't dragging along the pavement. There's a big difference. Someone who's experienced in what different alignment settings do can feel what a car with a lot of toe feels like. You'll notice that the car will often pull one way or the other when crossing over seams in the pavement or going over bumps with just one side of the car. It's hard to explain, but once you've felt it, you won't mistake the feel of a lot of toe again. Cheap, skinny all-season tires just don't wear as fast as wide high-performance tires, and that's the main reason that uneven wear is less obvious on those.
                          If you only knew what I've spent on alignments to get my Miata to handle the way I want...
                          '91 Protege LX
                          '99 Miata sport

Comment

cool. You do learn something everyday.
                            My OLD Car

Comment

Working...
                            X