No announcement yet.

Bpt323's FE3 comment thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i understand what your saying sube, i do plan to replace my 323. thing is, regardless, the parts are transferrable to a new shell. the way i see it, no harm done

323 driver, i only get negative vibes from you about the whole project.
    you of all people with a 4wd tranny should know, they are POS's they won't handle abuse to any degree. whats the point of always babying a 300whp car? i mean seriously. I can't even put myself up to build a BP with serious power for fear of blowing something to bits, i've already broken enough parts. im done with that phase.

from here on out, im requesting that anyone with a negative statement towards the project please hold their tongue. i really don't want to hear it.
    Im trying to do something semi-unique & a hell of alot different then the average on the board here.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

bpt323! I support your build! F people that disagree with your project! Do what you think is the best! Just like me building up a b6 engine! lol I would go with the FE3 engine also, but I want to make it unique! I want to have one fast b6 engine with a turbo! Good luck with this build! It will deffenetly be a world record car for sure!

Comment

bpt323....i support you 100% on the fe3 build up....keep us posted
        Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that....

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
        - Mario Andretti

looking for gtx turbo parts...have them?? pm me

Comment

man, your not going to hear any negative things from me. unique is what i like. this is my other car that i am building, check it out http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2386274 hows that for different. i hear things from people all the time but i wanted something different that is fun to drive, which is why i also chose my protege gt. build the car the way you have it pictured in your head and reap the rewards of a car that you can enjoy and really can call your own. nothing but positive vibes from this corner
          91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Good luck with the engine build-up Ryan! I support you 100% on the swap.
            The only thing that I disagree on is that you live too dam far away from me!
            Move to the West Coast dammit!
            1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

not to discard people's thoughts/questions, but there's alot of random posts in here that don't directly relate to Ryan's FE3 build. Perhaps 2 threads, one for the actual build (closed to posting) and one for comments? I would prefer to see the build posts streamlined, not searching through random people's thoughts to read it.

btw, I support you. Unique baby! I tried an F2T/AWD build, but never finished. adapter plates aren't cheap aparently.
              No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Didnt the mx6 come awd in other countries?
                1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TurboProto View Post
                  Didnt the mx6 come awd in other countries?
                  the 626/capella wagon did, don't think the mx6 ever did. a few have imported them to the states. one even worked damned hard to make his an awd 4ws FE3 turbo mx6. kinda crazy, toss it all in. search it up on mx6.com.
                  No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Dude, why are you so offended? I just asked you a question and wished you good luck in the end. I would really like to see the beast you build so keep up the good work and keep us posted, uniqueness is what matters. And about the G trannies, we all know the 1st gens are weak but none of us tried or blown the later generation G trannies so just because it says G on it doesn't mean anything. But I hope you are right about the H series being stronger. Anyways, good luck and don't give up... happy holidays

Comment

once i can find a socket large enough to remove the locknut on the transmision shaft end i will be dissasembling the tranny to inspect & rebuild it to 100% or close to again. its simply a matter of finding a 38mm 6 point socket anywhere around me as challenging.
                      When i can open it tho i'll have comparison pictures for you to gawk over
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

A forum is a forum so people will always throw their 2 cents. Some think you are unique, some think you are wasting your time. It's a grain of salt kind of situation.

If you ask me, it's silly to even think of having a FWD 300whp car ... and here I am building one ....

Comment

now i see why you want this engine seen 500hp dyno and have seen 1/4 mile vids sick engine for the bg

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                            i understand what your saying sube, i do plan to replace my 323. thing is, regardless, the parts are transferrable to a new shell. the way i see it, no harm done

323 driver, i only get negative vibes from you about the whole project.
                            you of all people with a 4wd tranny should know, they are POS's they won't handle abuse to any degree. whats the point of always babying a 300whp car? i mean seriously. I can't even put myself up to build a BP with serious power for fear of blowing something to bits, i've already broken enough parts. im done with that phase.

from here on out, im requesting that anyone with a negative statement towards the project please hold their tongue. i really don't want to hear it.
                            Im trying to do something semi-unique & a hell of alot different then the average on the board here.
                            I hope you don't think I was being negative because I wasn't, I just don't see the point in building up a less than stellar body. As for your project go for it, I support that 100%, anybody that tries to be different deserves all the encouragement going.

As for some people denigrating the actual project Ryan, you invited that when you made your project public on an open forum. You are gonna get negative whether you like it or not, so you will just need to develop a thicker skin, or not post your project.

Pat.
                            sigpic

Comment

my skin'll be tough, i figured id just make a prepost to attempt to shun away negative posts, i know they'll come regardless

Comment

trying to turn an econo-box int a fast car is stoopid

oh wait...... i own one to

G/L on the build I think you'll be the first one state side
                                "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                                -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                                *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                                172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                                New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Working...
                                X