X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nate0123
    they tend to look smaller b/c of GA's enormous wheel wells
    your tellin me

those enormous ****ers are one of my major discrepencies with this car....
    1996 Pontiac Grand Am

Comment

hmm yea 17" is perfect. it definately is deceiving because of the wells. I think we all concurr at this point that all you need to do is drop it, then you're money.
      Tag Team

Comment

WOW the paint looks in great shape... I cant see any swirls in it or anthing like that.... the specular spots just shine clean adn dont distor or anything. very nice paint job.. wahts the interior like?

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
          WOW the paint looks in great shape... I cant see any swirls in it or anthing like that.... the specular spots just shine clean adn dont distor or anything. very nice paint job.. wahts the interior like?
          The paint is less than a month old...and youd be surprised what it cost me...

a little less than a grand and EVERY bit of the car was covered except th strut towers which im just gonna paint flat black....

This car has come a long way since this time last year, lemme show you..

Almost a year later shes lookin better LOL

anyway my interior will be a white with blue trim theme, ive got some parts done and am moving as quickly as i can to have it uniform cause its mostly torn out right now but here is a progerss shot of one of the door panels i managed to finsih (I nkow the carpet looks ilke **** on the door, but when i get the katzkin leather, they send inserts to replace the carpet with leather.)

The paint job was done for cost of materils only, so it ran me a little less than a grand...
          :D
          1996 Pontiac Grand Am

Comment

wow.
            Tag Team

Comment

you made out good on that deal.
              I have never seen a GA that looks as good as yours. I have to definetly give ya a lot of props.
              Bruce
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I dont know why but I think maybe it would look better with blue and white trim... iono... I think its just cu I dontlike white interior becuase Im afraid if I had white I would never keep it clean... BTW my car looked like that up until like 3 weeks ago

Comment

Too bad your interior wasn't put back together as quickly as mine. Hurry up and get that interior done so we can start winning these upcoming shows.

Comment

Hey GA,
                    With all the mods, why didnt you mold the kit in so there werent any seems?

Comment

I will see if I can answer this for him because I think this is probably right. If he was to mold the kit in completely, it would be a huge risk. Plus I don't think that everyone understands just how much the kit was. I think I remember him saying over $2000. If my kit was that much I wouldn't take that kind of risk.

Comment

true... I always wanted to do it but then I thought if I Was in awreck or anyhting, it was be so much more expensive to get fixed... then like a week after thinkin of that a friend's probe got side swiped and ****ed up his kit, it costed the guy that hit him like 4 times as much becuase of it being completely shaved.

Comment

Hey GA,
                          With all the mods, why didnt you mold the kit in so there werent any seems?

I did mold the sides in....lol....

proto is right, the front and back beind molded is a huge risk....im already a hair lower than him in the front end and i havnnt even lwoered yet, so when i do its would be a huge risk of cracking the mold.
                          Attached Files
                          1996 Pontiac Grand Am

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                            Too bad your interior wasn't put back together as quickly as mine. Hurry up and get that interior done so we can start winning these upcoming shows.
                            I should have my interior re-installed (including the wheel) by the first show and (erics help willing) dropped by the second one....

1996 Pontiac Grand Am

Comment

I meant like the seams where the kit meets the actual car... but yea I understand

Comment

I meant like the seams where the kit meets the actual car... but yea I understand
                                If you were very familiar with the grand am body lines/kits and stuff, you would know that it would take far too much fiberglass filler to make it a straight shot.....this mold job is about as good as it gets.
                                1996 Pontiac Grand Am

Comment

Working...
                                X