Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
    Is that downpipe connection right...
    Yeah, that part isnt welded in place. There is a small section that bolts onto the end of that which is "spring loaded" which allows the header to move so it doesn't break when the engine moves.
    Attached Files
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

You might want to think about having it coated before you install it. Not only will it last longer, but reduce "some" heat and look purdy too

BTW, i F'in HATE those ball joint couplers...at first mine would come loose like monthly...I then swapped the bolts and springs for autolocking nuts and i used some old VW rabbit valve springs. Then siliconed the **** out of em so they couldn't even think about rattling or coming loose....I've always wanted to get a nice flex joint welded in, but the header is so old now, it's not worth it....maybe someday.

Comment

Its ceramic coated already, or are you talking about powder coating?

Thats exactly what I want to do is weld in a section of flex pipe instead, thats why I havent installed it yet. I looked at some on JCWhitney, they're about $25. I will probably order a section off of there. I need to check my muffler shop first though and see what he would charge me for the flex pipe, and if its cheaper I will just buy it from him instead.
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Ok, it just didn't look coated from the pictures, the 3 or 4 i've seen have all been an aluminum silver finish.

I'd bet JCW is cheaper, even with shipping. I checked around local awhile ago and best i found was $75 not installed.

I'd also suggest not cutting the header at all, just weld onto it and have a new section made to mount up to the cat. The flex joint will have to be the shortest possible to retain the OEM cat location so if you need to, the stock manifold can go back on with the OEM manifold to cat section. That got a bit confusing didn't it...basically, remove the stock parts all the way to the cat, then add the header and new flex joint section

Comment

I searched eBay and found this one, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2456085351 Its 8" total length and only $24.75 after shipping. It looks to be better quality than the ones on JCW. (you never thought to look on eBay did ya!! haha)

Why do you say not to cut the header? Chance of screwing it up?
            Im not too worried about the length of the flex pipe, because I was planning to get a new cat anyhow but I did look for the shortest one I could find. The shop can relocate everything easier that way. I figured I would have them weld the flex pie onto the header and then weld a flange to the other end to bolt up to the cat. That way it can be removed if need be without having to cut it off. Also Im not worried about having to replace the oem parts, if that happens Ill just have the shop rig something up, but I don't see myself ever putting that **** back on. We don't have inspections anymore so that parts not a concern.
            2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
              Why do you say not to cut the header? Chance of screwing it up?
              It's tuned at that length, by cutting it, it will change the tuning. I didn't know if it would change it for good or bad, so i just said don't

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
                Well, the picture used to be there. Don't know what happened....
                Here it is again:

[/i]
                Nope, havent installed it yet.

ITS STEVE O!
                Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
                  ITS STEVE O!
                  lol! man I don't know, maybee so...
                  2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

what kind of gains u expecting from this lil doodad?
                    Serenity's Dead.

Comment

I think it will be something like 5-10 hp. Don't think its going to be much more than that. The entire setup will consist of the following:
                      Pacesetter header/Catco high flow cat/2.25" mandrel bent exhaust piping/and my current DTM style muffler.
                      2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

sound like what im plannin' for my car, but im gonna see if i can get some genie headers and im using a flowmaster 40 muffler (som' bitch gonna be loud!) did you have any problems getting the high flow cat on or was it just a simple weld job?
                        Serenity's Dead.

Comment

did you have any problems getting the high flow cat on or was it just a simple weld job?
                          It's not installed yet. Hell it's not even purchased yet! And I don't inted to do the install, I'll have the shop do it. They will have to weld it on.
                          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

that header is indeed pretty m8
                            00 dakota 4x4
                            90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

sound like what im plannin' for my car, but im gonna see if i can get some genie headers and im using a flowmaster 40 muffler (som' bitch gonna be loud!) did you have any problems getting the high flow cat on or was it just a simple weld job?
                              Yes Sir that's the same header that I want for my 323.

I want the Genie header...
                              It's supposed to be a real good frigin header.
                              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                                Yes Sir that's the same header that I want for my 323.

I want the Genie header...
                                It's supposed to be a real good frigin header.
                                Yeah, I was wanting the Genie also. Have heard great things about it, just couldn't pass up on this deal. Hope your not mad that I got it Bruce!
                                2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Working...
                                X