Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

used to have one till i dropped it... but yes they make a difference

Comment

Greg, you may want to get a better battery ASAP. My stock battery didn't last too long after my sub/amp were put in. Another thing: don't play music without the car being on unless you have a person to jump start you. I learned the hard way.

After switching to an Optima Red Top battery, my lights didn't dim nearly as much as with the stock battery.
      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Here's the plan. Since the battery only has 35k on it, and I know it will give out sooner or later. I am just going to go ahead and purchase a red top Optima, paint it black, and keep it in the back seat for when the battery dies.

Comment

One thing about the Optimas:
          The fitment sucks since it's not as tall as the stock battery. I had to shove a piece of wood underneath the battery to raise it up some. Yeah, it's ghetto. Whoops.

Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Damn that sucks. But why didn't you remove the rest of the stock intake when you did the Injen?

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
              Damn that sucks. But why didn't you remove the rest of the stock intake when you did the Injen?
              It's off now. I just figured since there's that little scoop on the front, it routes some air into the engine compartment. Plus, it hides the smallness of the 1.6!
              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Well earlier tonight I claimed my first victim of the new system. Some kid pulled up beside me in a Jeep Grand Cherokee, I was sitting at a light waiting to turn so I had the speakers turned very far down. Well this kid decides that I might be impressed by his ****ty system, I let him run it for a second, and then I took out the cd I was listening to and popped in the Surrender album by Chemical Brothers, track 3 I think it is. Well needless to say my ear drums felt like they were about to burst and his mouth was wide open. That makes the first of what I feel are many to come.

Comment

a lot of places will give you a tray to go under the optima batteries, so it's raised to the height of the stock battery. the stock battery is taller than the ground 34's (normal red or yellow top) but shorter than group 31's (yellow top on steroids).

i bet you would have never thought you'd be showing people up with two 10's just think what people think when i was running a single brahma 10 that would out hit most 15's i'll lose the holy **** factor of running a single 10, but gain the holy **** factor of running an 18 in a small sedan

Comment

Yeah the whole 10" bump factor is still amazing me every time I step in the car. The crazy part is how crisp and clean each bump is, it hits and stops, it doesn't ring like the old 12s I had. I just want to know how I made it this long without having a ported box.

My favorite part was when I was showing the guys the system at work. I popped the trunk and one guy kind of stood there quiet for a minute. Then he said, "where are the subs at."
                    Last edited by McCorkle; 01-25-2004, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                      My favorite part was when I was showing the guys the system at work. I popped the trunk and one guy kind of stood there quiet for a minute. Then he said, "where are the subs at."

lol, nice normally when i open my trunk people start laughing at how ugly it is but then i turn it on, and it shuts them up every time

Comment

I have a 1.5 farad cap on my 900 watt RMS system and the **** still dims, so like Blue mentioned before, a cap isn't going to do much in the way of helping with the dimming. Also, did a 4 gauge groundkit under the hood and ran 4 gauge wire to the alternator to the fuse box to the battery and nothing helped. I do have a bigger battery, but it still will dim.
                        2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                        KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                        Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                        Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE
                          One thing about the Optimas:
                          The fitment sucks since it's not as tall as the stock battery. I had to shove a piece of wood underneath the battery to raise it up some. Yeah, it's ghetto. Whoops.

Put that battery in the trunk man .....
                          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                            Put that battery in the trunk man .....
                            out of curiousity, why ? I'm not being a smartass lol, just wanted to know why people did it. I know those are good for trunks because of the no leak design, but I just wanted to know why some people relocate them, I would do it for security, I feel safer with my battery in my trunk than under my hood as far as an alarm goes, won't be too easy for a theif too pull on my my batt cables.

BTW, I really like the look of your in proto2k, the blue is nice, and the gauges rock :D!
                            00 dakota 4x4
                            90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

sweet sheit bro. kickass gauges...i wants some for my 1st gen
                              Maroon 1995 Probe SE
                              Beige 1994 Protege DX
                              Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

yay alpine type R's thinkin of redoing my trunk and getting 2 tens plus my 12 and all fiberglassing... with a nice hovering amp rack over a spare rim and if my parents let me do the tens in the trunk and rip out the back seat and put the 12 in a fiberglass wall where the seat used to be it should be special if I actually get around to it lol

Comment

Working...
                                X