Anyone know this guy? 323 GLX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know this guy? 323 GLX?

Just found this perusing youtube and this caught my eye. The guy converted his 93 323 "GLX" (which I have never heard of and if anyone has details on what makes it different please post). He's the only guy I've seen pics of that converted a normal protege into an Infini replica (except the corner and headlights, he used those German clears instead) and wanted to know if anyone recognizes his car or if he's a part of our forum. I'd like to see more pictures and details about his car.

EDIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Nevermind I found his build here
    But I still have no idea what a GLX is. Everything is in Dutch.
    Last edited by AtmaEdge; 07-08-2010, 11:21 PM.
    1992 Mazda Protege DX Manual - 5/30/2006 R.I.P
    1992 Mazda Protege LX former Manual - 2/2/2010 Parts Donor
    1994 Mazda Protege LX Manual swap Daily Driver W.I.P.

Wrong bumper. Infini I believe is like mine. That muffler tip sticks too far out
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

yah, the rear bumper and rear light trim are the newer 92-94 style, probably because he got everything from corksport instead of sourcing the older 90-91 trim.

But what are the GLX trim specs? Anyone know? Seems that it's SOHC, but besides that I know nothing about it.
      1992 Mazda Protege DX Manual - 5/30/2006 R.I.P
      1992 Mazda Protege LX former Manual - 2/2/2010 Parts Donor
      1994 Mazda Protege LX Manual swap Daily Driver W.I.P.

Comment

GLX is one of european version (honestly speaking, i haven't seen another here lol (excluding gtx bumbers (maybe junkyard upgrade))), some of saloon, door trimming made of soft material, etc.
        And tacho?
        sigpic
        1990 323s BG 1.6i

Comment

I saw some BJ GLXes whien i went to Ecuador some years ago. I didn't get a close look, but they were fairly common. It seemed to be along the same lines as the Canadian LX: nicer interior but no extra power.

I saw one that was a police car. No pics though.
          1990 Protege 4WD
          GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
          ├┼┤
          2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Working...
          X