My Girlfriend Had A Little Accident In The Escape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Girlfriend Had A Little Accident In The Escape

She was on her way home from a friends house one night last week and a deer decided to run out in front of her. She slammed the brakes but the rear brakes locked up instead of the front so when she swerved last second to avoid the deer, the escape spun out on her causing her to slide to the ditch where it then rolled over onto its roof

she walked away from it completely unharmed, thank god

here's some pics

I made the mistake of not putting comprehensive insurance on it so the crash was not covered, so since the damage isn't too terrible I decided to fix it up..... there's nothing I can do about the body damage though, but mechanically it survived

so I brought it home :lol:

So far I've popped out the dents in the roof and rear drivers door, got the windows rolling up/down freely again and pulled out the deployed side airbags which i'll replace with ones from a junkyard

It's beat up, but it'll live to see another day

Brings a new meaning to "Built Ford Tough"

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

perfect example of why we used to tell customers at the shop I worked at to just hit the ****in deer.

glad to hear she's okay.
    sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
    92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

that held up surprisingly well! glad to hear no one was hurt. couldve been much worse, looks like she was near the telephone pole
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Glad she is ok, that's the main thing
        91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

I was extremely surprised that the windshield didn't even crack, it was definately a fairly gentle rollover and it'll see the road again

I'm thinking to embrace the body damage and paint some blood splatter across the front and down the drivers side, full front brush bar and maybe some light bars to finish off the look lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
          X