new to me 88 323 GTX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to me 88 323 GTX

she's got 130K at the moment, i'm the third owner. i've been wanting one of these for a while and when a friend of mine shows up in this car one day, says her dad took her car, so she took his. from that day on i told him when he sells to let me know, thankfully he knew it was going to go to a good home so he called me first

she needs some loving but I should be able to bring her back to make a nice fun car.

runs perfectly, just need to figure out the brakes and take care of a little rust in a couple spots. she was a georgia car for most of her life so underneath its pretty good still

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190615_181127.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	395.3 KB
ID:	1275299

Name:	20190615_181211.jpg
Size:	364.0 KB
ID:	1275300

Name:	20190615_181156.jpg
Size:	368.9 KB
ID:	1275301

Name:	20190617_175920.jpg
Size:	381.6 KB
ID:	1275302
    2018 STI | Stock DD
    1987 RX-7 Sport | Full BP
    1988 323 GTX | constant work in progress

as of today have bearings, new rear calipers, pads all the way around. ordered and on the way, oh and a steering wheel adapter so i can toss my nardi wheel on here

swapped the newer battery out of my rx7 as i wont be driving it this summer, the one in the 323 was tired

need to order up shocks and the rotors next and she'll almost be on the road. Got the title today so thats one thing off the list as well
    Last edited by skurge; 06-23-2019, 11:01 PM.
    2018 STI | Stock DD

Comment

that looks like its in great shape!!
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
        that looks like its in great shape!!
        its not bad at all, its been taken care of pretty well.

i do have two rust holes under the car just behind the front wheel wells, but that will be the first thing that will get repaired as soon as its on the road and i can get it over to my buddies house to do some welding.

as of last night i ordered up new pads, new bearings, and two reman rear calipers. parts on the way, still need to figure out shocks and rotors though, next on my list

i told myself i wouldn't buy anything for the car that wasn't needed but i had to splurge and got a steering wheel adapter for the nardi wheel thats in my rx7, figure if i'm not driving it this year, it doesn't need the wheel lol
        2018 STI | Stock DD

Comment

update for today is that i've got new shocks and rotors for all 4 corners on the way, just some oem style KYB but they will be worlds different than whats on there.

the "alarm problem" after talking to the previous owner seems to be not a big issue really at all, i thought by what he was telling me that it was a full on car alarm going off, lights/horn etc. the reality is that it was just the you've left your key in the buzzer sound that annoyed the hell out of him. his mechanic couldn't figure it out so he unplugged the cluster....i'm thinking that will be an easy fix, worst case i disconnect the buzzer if i cannot figure out what is causing it to buzz

my issue at the moment is that i have a leak from the molding around the windshield, after calling around it seems my options are to:

take the windshield out myself, or find someone crazy enough to let me pay them to do it and hope it doesn't break.
          buy one of the last remaining window moldings from mazda(35$) to have a glass company put back in the hopefully not broken windshield

find a tracer or another 323 in a junkyard and pray i can pull the front glass

or lastly, seal it up with some silicone and pray.

its like two steps forward one step back with this car, though i guess forward progress is good even if its little by little

should have some more pictures this weekend as i'll be digging into it again
          Last edited by skurge; 06-25-2019, 02:33 PM.
          2018 STI | Stock DD

Comment

well today i got the stock wheel off in preparation for pulling the cluster to reconnect everything and try and disable the buzzer that wont quit, i found in the manual there is a "buzzer/timer" listed and i think i can just pull that but we shall see.

here's what the new wheel is going to look like, just waiting on the mount for it.Click image for larger version

Name:	asasasas.jpg
Size:	389.1 KB
ID:	1245772
            Last edited by skurge; 06-26-2019, 06:10 PM.
            2018 STI | Stock DD

Comment

nice wheel!!
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
              X