• Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is your motor

this is your motor on untuned boost
    :microwave

NEUMAN

Comment

Its Torque/Power along with RPM that makes the Road snap not just psi (although related). Resonance caused at high RPM (esepecially if the engine is not balanced great) + Toruqe puts too much stress on the rod and it just snaps/Bends. My 2 mates have blown GTX engines lately. Both snapped their Rods and shot them straight out the block making a big hole.

One was running a GT2540R on 20psi - the rod actually blew while idling with turbo timer on. Other mate blew it using a GT2860RS Disco Potato on 18psi (possible spike) It was freshly tuned off the dyno. He snapped 3rd on the highway and it blew......I'd say too much revs and a boost spike (too eager to get out and hammer).
      1987 Ford Laser TX3 4WD with BPT FWD LSD
      GT2876R, Turbosmart Ultragate, Weisco Forged Pistons, GTR Conrods, Race Flowed Head, HPC Tube Manifold, GTR Plenum, 550cc RX7 Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Infini LSD Diff, Straight Cut PAR 3rd Gear, FMIC, 4" Intake etc.
      320HP at 24psi Pump Fuel & 12.5 @ 122mph Street Tyres

Comment

Originally posted by Denis
        Yes, digital camera is gonna be used tomorrow. Tomorrow is the Push the car into the tent and take the old engine out day.

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
        Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

subscribes to thread

there's just something about seeing a blown motor, kind of like having to look at a wreck on the road.

93' 5spd DX
          R.I.P

Comment

In all honesty our motors are not weak by ANY means, especially not our rods. I've known people who have ran 25psi on a t3/t04e on a stock block bp for quite awhile, with no problems. I know some people play it conservative since they dont wanna blow their daily drivers, but i'm fairly sure that if BUGS had bigger injectors and actually tuned for 28psi, he would of been fine, no telling for how long since his bottom end was going out before he turned up the boost, but im fairly certain it would of held it pretty damn steady. I've always wondered why some of you guys with an awesome setup run wussy boost, when honda's with weak bottom ends run way more boost than us, it makes no sense. POST PICS, i'm gonna cry!

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

Comment

I don't think I will ever run more than 15 psi on the street just because any more is not practical traction wise and I do want my motor to last in good shape for a long time. With 15 psi on the VF10, I hope to see 220+whp and I think that's plenty

I just want to run that 15 psi to redline efficiently so that's why I'm upgrading the VJ20.

Comment

Well sitting here waiting for my dad and brother to get back from my bro taking his driving test, then off to push the car into the tent and take some pics

Comment

Waiting .... waiting .....

Comment

*insert Peter Griffin Laugh here*

Had to stop to go fix a scanner, will have it out by tonight...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ouch.

Comment

Holes in blocks make me cry.
                        BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                        2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

thats right behind the turbo, is the turbo alright?
                          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Wow - now we know that motor is bad for sure. Good luck on the swap - it's so much easier the second time around

Comment

Originally posted by Lex
                              Wow - now we know that motor is bad for sure. Good luck on the swap - it's so much easier the second time around

Not really, same problems, The drivers side axle won't come out and the axles nut is stuck. So didn't get it out today cause I had to go get PB Blaster. But ya, turbo is fine, just not the block

Comment

It took 20 mins with an impact gun to get my driver's side axle nut off. Hopefully you're doing this with the car on the ground.

It also took about 1 hr of hammering on a pry bar to get the axle out. I beat the hell out of it but it finally gave. The pry bar I put between the axle and the tranny housing.

I had very similar problems to yours

Comment

Working...
                                X