Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres some more picts
    Attached Files
    1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Fram

Comment

^ haha indeed
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Yea that filter was his choice. I usually use purolator filters
          1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Proto420 View Post
            Yea that filter was his choice. I usually use purolator filters
            Good call. Pure One FTW.

Comment

Yup yup thats what im runnin. Im using #14610 oil filter. Its larger than the stock filter.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

Chris is using the larger filter also but the Fram # is different.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

stick with OE mazda filters i work for mazda and they are indeed the best

Comment

also always check that you lube the gasket with FRESH OIL most people use the old **** that is draining, it has acidic values in the old oil that will eat away a new filter and the gasket, other companies dont use the same quality seals and filter innerds as mazda, they are OEM for a reason

Comment

Originally posted by Proto420 View Post
                      Yup yup thats what im runnin. Im using #14610 oil filter. Its larger than the stock filter.
                      Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by matt_figet99 View Post
                        The reason you always see cylinder #1 go fist is, because cylinder #1 runs leaner then the rest of the cylinders causing it to get hotter. Which then it will ignite the air/fuel mixture before the piston comes to the top of the cylinder (pre-ignition) causing it to fight the crank and snapping the cennecting rod.
                        This is also the reason that B8's and BP's tend to burn exhaust valves in #1 around 340,000kms
                        '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
                        Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

Thats also the reason that Mazda changed the design of the GTR intake to prevent pre-ignition

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

dam that sucks im on my third motor now my last one blew up getting on the freeway i was in 5th gear and i was still losing traction then she blew to pieces only one piston made iti blew apart one of them and found parts of it all over my engine bay now i hope my new engine will hold up to the boost

Comment

If only Mazda continued to use the fat b6t conrods in the BPT they would be a strong as motor.

Change the conrods ASAP.

I also run a GTR plenum to help with airflow.
                              1987 Ford Laser TX3 4WD with BPT FWD LSD
                              GT2876R, Turbosmart Ultragate, Weisco Forged Pistons, GTR Conrods, Race Flowed Head, HPC Tube Manifold, GTR Plenum, 550cc RX7 Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Infini LSD Diff, Straight Cut PAR 3rd Gear, FMIC, 4" Intake etc.
                              320HP at 24psi Pump Fuel & 12.5 @ 122mph Street Tyres

Comment

I just want to remind everyone that was a 180k US bp05 with the gtx turbo/intake on 14psi and
                                110 octane. :microwave
                                Last edited by TurboProto; 03-28-2007, 01:25 AM.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X