knock knock knock? who's there..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smoke187 View Post
    you should just pull the engine now and remove the head and oil pan to check what it is
    You make it sound soooo simple.. well its not really that hard but you dont JUST do it
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

well he has to rip it apart anyway so why not just dig in

Comment

motivation this time of the year is low..... im sure he'll get around to it...

heres some motivation for ya
        Attached Files
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Thnkx Bpt323... There is always motivation...

Here is the list I made for the rebuild. I'm just waiting for a price+shipping quote.
          It's from importperformanceparts.net (basically their store in netherlands flatlander-ipp.nl)
          The only thing that get's on my nerves is the price difference (for example the hp engine kit in us - 899USD ... in nl - almost 1400 usd) the issue here is that i don't know what would be the customs charge ... and if they overcharge me I'm screwed...

EKMA13MPX - HP Engine Kit

Complete Gasket Set
          Hussey Copper Gasket
          ROSS/Wiseco Forged Pistons
          (83, 83.5, 84, 85mm bore) and
          (8.5-1, 9.5-1, 10.5-1, 11.1-1 comp ratio)
          ROSS Performance Rings
          Performance Wrist Pins
          TOGA HP Main Bearings
          TOGA HP Rod Bearings
          Thrust Washers
          Timing Belt
          Expansion Plugs

ZH5234ACCB4 - K1/Carillo H beam Rods

218-4701 - ARP Head Studs

218-5401 - ARP Main Studs
          OPMA19-HV - Toga HV oil Pump
          940180 X 2 - Fidanza Adjustable cam gears
          Last edited by Bax; 01-11-2008, 04:55 AM.

Comment

My personal opinion is get a true gtr oil pump. I was not inpressed at all with my toga hv pump. Its been on for a couple years and its still functioning fine but I think the gtr has more pressure or something. Someone can clarify this for me.

The rest of the kit looks good. Good luck with the build.
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

the only difference in a GTR oil pump is the relief spring(stiffer)... buy some SS 1/4" washers & just shim the one your currently using with a new paper gasket. i wouldn't even replace the oil pump to be honest
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                the only difference in a GTR oil pump is the relief spring(stiffer)... buy some SS 1/4" washers & just shim the one your currently using with a new paper gasket. i wouldn't even replace the oil pump to be honest
                Since his motor is a gtr I'd suggest slapping that spring from the old pump into the toga piece.
                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

toga pump is just a stock pump http://www.flyinmiata.com/tech/oil_pump.php

Comment

I'll propably use the stock one that I already have if it's ok. I read stuff about toga pumps and I'm not pleased. Their main and rod bearings are ok ? Because that's what they use in the rebuild kit...

Comment

now the time to invest in some billet oilpump gears & go all out eh

talk to bill from miataroadster.com

Comment

i had a same noise on mine car it was a bolt that holds the inner timing belt cover that is bolted to the haad, the bolt was hitting cam gear.
                        http://hometown.aol.com/d2maz/index.html
                        )
                        91 PROTEGE 4WD BPT RUNNING WOW TRACTION WITH 1.5 BAR(sold)
                        97 ECLIPSE GST SPYDER (K&N ,BCS MOD, GREDDY FMIC) new toy(sold)
                        99 PASSAT GLX V6 (OEM E spec navi, wife's car)
                        2006 JETTA TDI DSG 50 mpg(sold)
                        2006 EVO GSR
                        FIXING VW's for past 10 years

Comment

^ thats how timing belts get chucked... damn evil 10 mm's

Comment

there goes the BaxMobile.... i hope i have tha pleasure of driving that beast once more....
                            sigpicOf all the things i`ve lost.. i miss my mind the most....

Comment

Hey that sounds like my car after 17psi on a NA block.

1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                              http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

don't underestimated a n/a bp block with out proper tuning any block won't last for shyt and i don't mean a OEM setup
                                92 Mazda MX-3 (2120lbs) (12.4@118@18psi)1.8 DOHC ,Eletromotive TEC II Standalone System, Turbo Ric Project Turbo Kit, Custom intake manifold 80MM Mustang TB, PT67 P-TRIM TURBO, Custom turbo manifold, 3 in. down pipe, Innovate wideband, 1000cc RC Injecters,walbro 255, custom fuel rail, Areomotive FPR, MSD wires, NGK V-Power R5671A-8 plugs, 31 1/2" L x 10 5/8" H x 3 1/2" D Percision Turbo 750HP FMIC , 2.5in intercooler piping, Tial wastegate/BOV, Unrothdox UDP, KIA G-series trans, ACT 6 puck extreme clutch,(Need a twin disc) 30psi guage&10,000RPM tach (autometer)(EQUUS guages), NO I DON'T HAVE A BPT I HAVE A REUGLAR BP-DE. (updated)

Otherwise known as LIMEGREEN MX-3
                                12 sec MX-3TURBO RIC PROJECT MX-3
                                http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=59746
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3dn-fw9S7s
                                http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=56488

Comment

Working...
                                X