No announcement yet.

freakin corners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, so I went to the insurance co. today and they said that it will be 3 - 5 days before an adjuster can make the decision to total or fix. I made it real clear to the people that I do not want the car totaled at all and they agreed to take that into consideration since it is practically a new car lol. Not getting my hopes up about it, but can't wait for the verdict. So with that being said expect me to keep the club updated as to what is being done, who knows.....might be totaled and a few people might get their wishes. If it is totaled I do want to try and sell the car as a whole to someone that just wants it for a project car or for a parts car. MANY new parts on it

Comment

fock1ng insurance company's!
      That car looked really nice, sans the hood scoop, lol. Hope you get a good deal, but those bastards always win
      sigpic My cardomain

Comment

Well the decision is here.....they have decided to total the car . The upside is that they are giving me a great value return of $2,256. LOL, I hate it when people say its a piece of crap when it isn't. Anywho.... The buy it back salvage option is rediculus, $1,560. So after my loan gets pay'd off and my credit gets better I am looking at $1,100 to go buy a newish car. Now I'm just waiting on the decision on how much the reciepts will add to the value....est. at $1,840. Maybe I might be looking at a net value of $2,300 and that my friends is what you would call the sweet smell of money. All for just a little project protege'. Sorry I can't part the car out as the cost of the salvage option and the selling of the parts is too great of a loss for me. SO in short never hate the insurance company....they do say and pay for what is due.

Comment

I am addressing some comments about the salvage title. I just did buy back and the insurance did not touch my title. I don't see why they would bother spending the money to issue me a new title just so it says salvage. When they actually take your car, they have to do a title transfer so it does not cost extra.

On the diffusers, not sure on those specific ones, but some will improve gas mileage. I am looking at putting these: http://www.airtab.com/ on my trailer. I considered trying them on one of my cars, but thought they would look gaudy.

Comment

Well, I got good news.....I only had to pay $300 to buy my car back and then they gave me $300 for the $2,100 in reciepts that I gave them to help inflate the price. So after all is said and done I will be recieving a fat $1,200 to help towards the cost of a new suspension. Needed one anyways lol. So if anyone has the following parts for sale please PM me and let me know. The list is as follows.....Driver's front chamber plate, Driver's front shock tower and assembly and I know that I can get these from Corksport but wanna beef up the suspension using other mazda upgrades (zx2?.........Front and Rear Sway Bar. Thats it...nothing else needs to be bought as I am getting another Half-shaft for free covered under warranty. Can't wait to be back on the road.

Comment

That's better than it looked, the only problem is that the car doesn't have a clear title anymore but if you don't sell it, that's not a problem.

Comment

I for got to mention that....The title in Maryland apparently does not have to be a salvage title until the end of October when MVA changes the rule. Gotta love that.

Comment

Like I said before, I don't think they would do it anyway. It would cost them money to have you issued a new title.

Comment

So what's good people? I'm am finally back on the road and loving every minute of it. I guess im outta the zoom zoom boom for now......

Comment

Pics of the wreck and pics of the repairs?
                      My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

Good to hear is up and running again!
                        sigpic My cardomain

Comment

Working...
                        X