• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it would work if you go RWD

any solutions as of yet for AWD?
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

not yet. I'd really rather keep the drivetrain the way it is, if there's any way at all to make it tough enough. That Supra rear end, or the Ford unit, or some manner of DSM would prolly fix the back of the car, and really, a properly built BPT should be able to handle the stress at the front. It's the middle section that's always the worry. It depends on what comes up first and cheapest, really. If I find some salvaged Evo parts, they'll end up in there. If I find some ford bits first, or for less moolah, they'll go in there instead. What I can't stand the thought of is the car sitting for a year or more waiting, and me sitting here not rallying...

EDIT Oh sh!t I just found a local craiglist, someone's selling an evo8 5speed w/36k on it for 500 bucks. I don't give a tiny mouseturd about xmembers or mounts or shaft length or chassis clearance or any of that rot, I wanna know if it's even slightly possible to get it to talk to a bpt. If the guy answers back, I'll go down and have a look at it and I'll bring my spare shortblock with me...

Now I found an evo4 tranny for the same price. I know this is the one that's actually been installed in a GTR, but I can't find the info. Been searching the fordlaser forums and amazd to no avail. Anyone gotta link?
      Last edited by jay; 03-10-2009, 02:06 PM.
      '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
      '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Working...
      X