zoom zoom crash.....agian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silverton View Post
    I still vote he was following much too close to the UPS truck, and that's a bit quick for a chain tow. When I'm getting chain towed, doesn't happen often, I'm always on the brakes. Just a little pressure, and always watching from something to happen, you should have had plenty of time to react to him swerving with a 10 foot tow strap. I've had a couple times where when we arrived there was smoke billowing from the rotors/pads. Again, new rotors and pads, cheaper than buying a new car.

But, you're okay and this is definitely going to be a lesson you'll remember.
    i was on my brakes too the hole time but i did hit the brakes and tried turning as u can see the wheels turned in the picture of the car but it was too late. and me hittin the brakes in my lil protege aint going to stop his silverado if he doesnt let up on the gas but **** it whats happened has happened like i said im just happy to still be alive and ok
    Last edited by TheOnenOnly; 03-14-2010, 03:59 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

No one here is comin down on you. I for one thank you for sharing the experience. Maybe it'll keep the next guy from ropetowing his way into a goddamn disaster. You might not have wanted to but you've done well, serving as a warning to others!
      Look on the bright side. From here on out you can announce that you are officially a BADASS who breaks WINDSHIELDS with your FACE.
      '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
      '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
        From here on out you can announce that you are officially a BADASS who breaks WINDSHIELDS with your FACE.
        truth!!
        -Dennis
        95 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 - 191k miles

I'll be back in the BG game eventually!

Comment

its definitely dangerous. i just did it last night with my friends integra. then i thought about this thread and was like damn this could have happened to me.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

lmao aint that the truth thank god i got a hard ass head hahahaha
            sigpic

Comment

glad your okay
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

thanks man me too. =] sooooo i been thinkin of what ima buy next and its between a 1990 rx7 or mx3 gs what do you guys think??
                sigpic

Comment

at least yer safe and we will get ya another car an fix it up
                  rx7 if ya can find one
                  mx3 if not ;]
                  1st 323 - wrecked - RIP
                  2nd 323 - stolen - RIP
                  3rd 323 - daily driver

Comment

Damn that eyebrow looks nice and meaty. Ain't it crazy how things happen...
                    You're to damn big for any bg Mazda. Rx7's are cool, how familiar are you w/ the wankel? I love the looks of the ReX way more than the MX3. There's so many of them available in the greater Los Angeles area. It comes down to your budget, pure and simple.
                    Glad to hear you're okay and a little smarter, and thanks for sharing.
                    Tricks get applause... Style gets respect.

Comment

hhhmmm wankle?? cant say i am too familiar with that term. i want to buy a bone stock one with a good platform and move from there i hate buying cars that are already built. iv been thinkin about travelin to the reno area for a cheap mx3 ima look at the la craigslist and if i find somethin out there for a good price i might drive out there. never drove from vegas to la though how much u think gas there and back would run me lol?
                      sigpic

Comment

wankle is the type of engine....rotory
                        A rotary engine is an internal combustion engine, but it's not like the one in most cars. Learn about the unique rotary setup and how it compares performance-wise to a piston engine.
                        Last edited by pauls323; 03-07-2010, 02:25 PM.
                        1st 323 - wrecked - RIP
                        2nd 323 - stolen - RIP
                        3rd 323 - daily driver

Comment

oh word well i know what a rotory engine is and how it works i just never heard it called a wankle befor lol.

found a mx3 gs im thinkin about gettin the $$ and headin out to reno to pick it up. there are a couple mx3's locally here in vegas but the one out in reno is cheaper and has v6 platform like i want and the ones here they want 1,950 and the other one wants like 2,300 and ill be spending less $$ on gas out there n back and the car all together

from what they say ima need a new tranny and i think ima swap the k8 for the de =] wathcu think??
                          sigpic

Comment

^ dude fly out to Wisconsin & drive mine back. 2K, already has a KL swap & a bunch of goodies.
                            looks to be in better shape then that white one
                            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

gas vegas and back about $100
                              Tricks get applause... Style gets respect.

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                                ^ dude fly out to Wisconsin & drive mine back. 2K, already has a KL swap & a bunch of goodies.
                                looks to be in better shape then that white one
                                bump for some pictures of that bad boy or a link. iwas going to get that one cause its a beater but i like buildin my cars not buying them that way already but ill keep that in mind =]

Originally posted by analytical View Post
                                gas vegas and back about $100
                                to where cali or where bpt323 is? or ur guesstamit on gas to reno lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X