Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start to finish of the 4WD pro (56K hahaha)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prakashkamath View Post
    was it very difficult to swap in those seat? how is the height compared to mx3 seats? i've been wanting to do that, those seats are fairly comfortable.
    I honestly do not know how they compare to MX-3 seats, as I have never had them in any of the cars that I have owned. For the installation, I used my 4WD pro seat rails and bolted them to the GTX seats. I did have to drill a hole in the seat rail to bolt them up to the seats, but I didn't take pics so no help from me . If you are to put them in to your car just use you factory seat rails and you will see what I'm talking about its not difficult at all.
    Hope that helped ,
    Jason
    Yes Its 4wd woot woot
    sigpic

My Vb Gallery

Comment

did you have any frame rail rot? if so how did you go about repairing it?
      also are you running a safc? it looks like it in that 1 pic.
      5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Yes quite a bit of it. Basically I cut out the bad and welded in good sheet metal in its place.
        And yes I am running an SAFC
        Jason

Originally posted by ryan1 View Post
        did you have any frame rail rot? if so how did you go about repairing it?
        also are you running a safc? it looks like it in that 1 pic.
        Yes Its 4wd woot woot
        sigpic

My Vb Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jasoncsprotege View Post
          Yes quite a bit of it. Basically I cut out the bad and welded in good sheet metal in its place.
          And yes I am running an SAFC
          Jason
          i guess my ? was more geared toward the unibody/frame rot.
          5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Yeah, that's what I did with the unibody frame rail rot. Was under the car with a ball pean hammer, hammering away till I found good metal, then cut out the bad and weld in good.
            Jason

Originally posted by ryan1 View Post
            i guess my ? was more geared toward the unibody/frame rot.
            Yes Its 4wd woot woot
            sigpic

My Vb Gallery

Comment

Dam Jason your car sure has come a long way from when you first got it. Looks great now!
              1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
              http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Well I finally ran my car at a dyno. I was actually hoping for around 220 to 230 whp, but as you can see in the dyno sheet that I have some room for improvement on my tune in my AFR's. For those that don't know what I am running, here it is: Stock BPT GTX engine with a BP26 head that has had the intake ports smoothed out, a VF10/VJ20 hybrid turbo, N/A RX-7 460cc inj, GTR ECU, SAFC, TII RX-7 VAF, of coarse FMIC and CS downpipe with 2.5" exhaust.
                I was happy with the torque numbers, but again there is room for improvement.
                Thanks for looking,
                Jason

PS: if you can't read the numbers, it was 215hp and 260ft/lbs torque
                Attached Files
                Yes Its 4wd woot woot
                sigpic

My Vb Gallery

Comment

holy tq batman! those are sick numbers!

track time

JACK.
                  -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                  http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                  http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                    holy tq batman! those are sick numbers!

track time

JACK.
                    he has, and i believe he runs in the mid 13's
                    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Well the last time I ran it at the track was last june when Mazda had the Grand Prix over here at Portland. It was right after I installed the VF-10 and I didn't put a bead on my IC pipe so I blew it at 18psi. Also I had a buddy of mine go through a tranny for me and put new synchro's and bearings and with that I couldn't shift it worth a sh!t. I still managed a 13.2 at 101mph without a tune and was still getting 1.7 60' times on the old 17" wheels. what sucks is that with the VJ-20 and before the tranny rebuild it ran a best of 13.48 at 97mph still with 1.7 60' times. I have since changed the tranny again and of coarse put some beads on my IC pipe to be able to run boost. Next time I'm at the track I'm looking for some high 12's out of it (hopefully)
                      Jason
                      Yes Its 4wd woot woot
                      sigpic

My Vb Gallery

Comment

Nice numbers Jason, I've always admired your car. If you're interested in getting an MS system to tune the AFs a little more, give me a shout.

Comment

Thanks Lex. If I ever get to build an engine combination for this car, I'll probably look into the MS, but for right now I just deal with what I have =)
                          Jason
                          Yes Its 4wd woot woot
                          sigpic

My Vb Gallery

Comment

Nice work man. Your car makes me want a protege.

Comment

Working...
                            X