Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Lex ... the first time around with this car it will be just BP N/A.

I will see about turbo set up maybe after I get it all together and running in the spring.

I still want to change the suspension to K-sport or BG instead of the ground control I have on it right now. Plus buy a good set of seats and belts ( Sparco ) .

Oh and buy and install a 4 or 6 point cage .

I still have a long wish list :0) , but a bit at a time

Comment

After the first time Rob brings it out racing he'll want to do a turbo or V6 swap.. lol..

good to see your still kicking Rob.. I was wondering if all was going ok...

Comment

Well got a little more done to the project. Pulled off the subframe and cleaned it up .

Installed the front sway bar with new polyurethane bushings and installed the 4 point front tie bar I got from JP motorsports .

It looks GOOD !!!! Its going to be a stiff front end now.

I will have to get some pics posted of it before its all installed and hidden under the car .

Also Xmas came early today . My Cuz finally finished off a custom piece for my Intake .

This CNC one off piece is going to go where the black/red stock sticker went .

Its a little jewelery for the engine bay

Last edited by 323Permin; 12-21-2010, 06:59 PM.

Comment

looks sweet
          91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

nice rob... that looks wicked..

Comment

that is pure beauty rite there.

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

I knew you would like the mazdaspeed bling Kris :0)

Comment

folding color matched mirrors... tell me they are going on the 323... GREAT build

Comment

Id put that on a chain and wear that shizz lol, it looks fantastic! Serious build too, I like.
                    DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

WOW nice build... just looked over all the pages... i love how everything got cleaned up and was made to look better than new :D everything looks great! keep up the good work :D

Comment

I snapped a few pics of the front subframe while I was trial fitting the 4 point lower tie bar and the front sway bar.

The subframe is alright shape, but has some rust spots , only surface issues .

So Its going to get all cleaned up and painted fresh .

Once thats done I can put it back on the car and move forward in dropping the motor and tranny back in her .

After that everything else will move quick . It will be on the road in spring fo sur !!

Last edited by 323Permin; 12-22-2010, 11:09 PM.

Comment

This is a gorgeous build.
                          When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                          Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                          Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                          So his engine he goosed
                          With much too much boost,
                          And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

you should start making those cnc'd pieces and selling that sh*t, bet they would go like hot cakes.
                            loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
                            73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
                            sigpic

Comment

@ 89BG 323

Ya I tried to get mu Cuz to start making them, but in reality for the amount of time on the CNC machine to make this it wouldn't be cost effective .

He did this for me cause he owed me for parts for his DD 323 I gave him .

If I went to a machine shop to make this for me it would be in the hundreds of dollars for a one off like this .

Comment

any way ya can con him into making one more? lol.
                                loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
                                73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X