Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May 29th.. next UBC event.... gonna come out and run it?? lol..

Comment

Probably not ... I dont have the $$$ for the tires at the moment .

Plus I need to break in the motor etc . before I go and hammer on it .

I might throw a permit on it for the weekend at least and drive it out to the event . ( weather permitting ) .

I told my cousin about the event, so he might bring his GT-R out , as he is selling it now .

Thought it would be a good place to show the car to people who would appreciate it .. maybe find a buyer .. who knows ??

I have been meaning to call you .. what does your shop charge for alignments ?? I need to have a 4 wheel done . , set the camber up front and rear etc .

Comment

Originally posted by 323Permin View Post
        Probably not ... I dont have the $$$ for the tires at the moment .

Plus I need to break in the motor etc . before I go and hammer on it .

I might throw a permit on it for the weekend at least and drive it out to the event . ( weather permitting ) .

I told my cousin about the event, so he might bring his GT-R out , as he is selling it now .

Thought it would be a good place to show the car to people who would appreciate it .. maybe find a buyer .. who knows ??

I have been meaning to call you .. what does your shop charge for alignments ?? I need to have a 4 wheel done . , set the camber up front and rear etc .

You have tires on the car now don't you??? lol.. thats good enough to come out and have some fun...

Your cousin might find a buyer at the event.. My gtx got a lot of attention when I would bring it out...

Comment

Ya it has tires ;p .. but dont you remeber that they are almost bald ...

It wouldnt pass tech inspection. Plus I really want to make sure that its mechanically sound .
          It needs to be driven for awhile before I go and run it hard. and have an alignment done .

So I am hoping for warm, sunny and dry weather this week and coming weekend to break it in.

Comment

Originally posted by 323Permin View Post
            Ya it has tires ;p .. but dont you remeber that they are almost bald ...

It wouldnt pass tech inspection. Plus I really want to make sure that its mechanically sound .
            It needs to be driven for awhile before I go and run it hard. and have an alignment done .

So I am hoping for warm, sunny and dry weather this week and coming weekend to break it in.
            If cords aren't showing then they pass tech for autocross... Might not for the street... you have lots of time to get the alignment done... its still 6 days away.. lol...

Comment

pocketbooks dog, 4 wheel alignments aint cheap! lol.
              loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
              73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
              sigpic

Comment

yep, they're not! I need one just as bad as you do Permin lol. I've adjusted my toe to where it feels ok, but I'm sure it's out quite a bit from all my bushings/parts replacements as well lol.
                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

I also need to replace an alternator .... Argh !!! sucks . low on cash :0( project will have to wait...

I need to find more work !! bills are coming in too !!

So crazycanadain you probably will not see the red car out on the May 29th event

I can still tinker with some things, I put the hood on , gave her a rinse of all the dust that was on it from sitting.

Got the dash all put back together. Then started my seat project. I am trying to restore the foam bolsters in the drivers seat.

Here are few more pics.

The Twins Red and Black 93's

Comment

sigpic
                    1990 323s BG 1.6i

Comment

Hey Rob... I am not sure if it will fit but I have a couple of alternators here for a BF SOHC and a B6T... you are welcome to come by and take a look if it will fit... If it does you can have it... I wont do anything with it.. Worst case I have all the brackets and stuff as well.. it might bolt up..

Comment

So I figured out my electrical issues and threw a permit on the car today . Drove it for a few hours and ran it through the gears up and down to set the rings . No issues , no leaks, no fires .. Now I need some more dry days to clean up the body polish and wax it.

Oh and i need to find work to make some money to buy new tires . Then an alignment.

After that it will be ready for it's 1st Auto-X event... Weeeeeeeeeeee.....

Comment

awesome! glad to hear it's coming along
                          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

This 323.
                            Is so clean.
                            Cleaner than most new cars coming off a truck.
                            I'd never want to drive it anywhere.
                            Just forever wax it in a garage.
                            Nice work!
                            ~ Stephen ~
                            -1993 Ford Taurus LX (R.I.P.)
                            -1994 Mazda Protegé SE (Canadian market trim pkg)
                            -1990 Mazda 929 S
                            -1991 Mazda 323 LX (Sold)
                            -1992 Toyota Corolla LE (Davesfarm) <R.I.P. Sept. 2009>
                            -1990 Toyota Corolla SE (Davesfarm) (still alive in 2013!)
                            -1994 Buick Regal Custom (Davesfarm) <R.I.P. Sept. 2009>
                            -1983 Pontiac Parisienne (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Cool_Steve View Post
                              I'd never want to drive it anywhere.
                              Just forever wax it in a garage.
                              Eternal choice - to drive or to wax and admire, haha
                              sigpic
                              1990 323s BG 1.6i

Comment

The way it sits the car looks like as if its a track car... if it were slammed then it would be perfect! cleeen Permin.
                                Anyone knows what 9K rpm feels like? I do

93 Mercury Tracer SW
                                99 Honda Accord 4DR 'VIP' status
                                01 Honda S2000 Future Boost

Comment

Working...
                                X