No announcement yet.

Rayman's 90 323 work log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oooh u asked about the bikes, i thought u said brakes.

bike 1 (far back)....2000 R6, with track fairings, intake, jet kit, full exhaust. my former commuter, had since been retired as the track/project bike. have in the plans a complete concept design, but hadnt moved beyond the design/planning stage yet.

bike 2 (middle)....95 250ex, bone stock. the wife's.

bike 3 (closest)....03 z1000, bone stock. my new commuter and poser bike
    95 Ford Probe GT | 03 Dodge Ram 1500 ST | 71 Ford Mustang "Mach I" clone | 90 Mazda 323 | 00 Yamaha YZF-R6 | 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

ok....one of those "experimental" projects almost wrapped up, i'm quite satisfied so here's the update:

custom sideskirts

still in progress, the other side isnt mounted yet, but so far so good. this is actually version 2.0. used a different material on 1.0 and came out far from impressed. but 2.0 is going great. hope to wrap it up tonight and put daytime pics up tomorrow. and maybe a what/how-to if anyone is interested.

oh yea, finally washed the damn car lol
      95 Ford Probe GT | 03 Dodge Ram 1500 ST | 71 Ford Mustang "Mach I" clone | 90 Mazda 323 | 00 Yamaha YZF-R6 | 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Man your car is coming out so sweet. I've been having v6 swap thoughts again. Just wish I had another car to drive around while doing the swap.
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

haha thanks man. im getting alot of satisfaction out of this [project] car b/c so far ive really minimized the costs by fabbing up alot of my own **** out of very lo-tech non-automotive stuff and doing everything myself. from the body restore to the intake to the big brakes to the body accents, everything has been fairly low cost.....not tooting my own horn but damn this is ridiculously fun lol.

just finished both sides, too dark to take any worthy pics, will do it tomorrow

Comment

what did you use to make the side skirts?

Comment

yea u saw the other thread in the pic post...for reference, landscape edging

Comment

Great job, ya I am really enjoying my 323 project too. Less stress knowing I have less money tied up in the whole project then My Mustang's latest cylinder heads. I feel more like a real hot rodder and less like a guy working like a slave to buy the next new speed part. Parts cars, wrecking yards, used parts, $200 cars, re-purposing garden center hardware store items, just like the good old days. Who says you need to have $30000 + invested to have fun, or have a really kool good lookin' fast car??
                Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

well a slight "breakthrough"....just tested a set of 16" rims that i wanted and the big brakes CLEAR! well it rubs/scratches just BARELY, a dremel/grinder and couple of mins will easily take care of that.

Comment

next up:

more pix

Comment

^sportmaxx002's.

just a heads up the clear coat and the paint will start to chip off in a few months.i had these and sold them rite away and same thing happened to my friends 501's

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

well they are cheap wheels i wouldnt expect them to last as well as other higher name brands. i'll repaint/clear them as necessary.

more pix: tires mounted, wheels installed, alignment done.....sans flares

now we wait for the flares....

Comment

Looks like mine.. cant wait to see the flares...

Click image for larger version

Name:	323.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	1218377

Name:	CIMG0909.jpg
Size:	205.8 KB
ID:	1218379

Name:	CIMG0908.jpg
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	1218380

Name:	CIMG0910.jpg
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	1218381

Comment

Not feeling that offset, but I'm interested to see what it looks like with the flares... I really dig the skirts.
                            sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
                            92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Looks a little goofy right now (without the flares).

I predict it will be sick X infinity once the flares are installed though. I really like the wheels. Very kool. Those front brakes really fill out the wheels

I predict it will look like this, only cooler because it will be a MaZda 323

Last edited by IMACHU2; 08-14-2009, 10:39 PM. Reason: photograpic proof of koolness
                              Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

should have went with the xxr 501 +15 offset them things stick out to far

Comment

Working...
                                X