2009 Nissan Frontier
    1997 chaparral 180LE

Comment

damn it looks tits
      1st 323 - wrecked - RIP
      2nd 323 - stolen - RIP
      3rd 323 - daily driver

Comment

Today I did the left side frame rail, then ran out of welding gas. On Monday I hope to start & finish both aprons, then a little more interior firewall work and I can begin laying the MX3 interior wire back in.

'90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
        '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
        10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
        490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

dude all i have to say is thats some sick ass work. Cant wait to see it done. And just to let u know, ur the one who inspired me to do a kl swap in my 323

Comment

Good job so far on the engine bay! I did this with an older 323 project i had, but had to scrap the project. It's definitely a tendious job, but the results are sexy as hell!

JACK.
            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Alright, I'll just stop getting giddy (or mentioning it) when stuff is getting good

I was raving about the weather a few posts ago and I was rewarded with a week of over 104 now....well that's no weather to be welding/grinding in with long sleeves and gloves on. So I'm using up the last few miles on my Playstation2 instead and working out thermodynamics problems...I'll go back out on thursday though even if it's hot. Car's not going to work on itself...

Comment

haha alot of that stuff, since i couldnt weld, i did with epoxy putty, which is amazingly strong stuff, and sands easier than grinding welds. looks good dan.
                95 Ford Probe GT | 03 Dodge Ram 1500 ST | 71 Ford Mustang "Mach I" clone | 90 Mazda 323 | 00 Yamaha YZF-R6 | 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

True dat, the 3M 8115 would have done the same thing, but the good stuff is more expensive than welding gas & wire! The visible surfaces will get a skim coat of Rage XTreme filler, which is definitely easier to sand than 70ksi steel :D - I plan on going to 1000 grit pre-paint, which should be a lot of work, but I've always liked the results when I put the work in.

Comment

BTW, this is my welding equipment - the SP 135 Plus - right now I use it with gas (85/15 argon/co2), but it can also be used with flux-core wire, and with some accessories it can also weld aluminum. Pretty compact, and has enough power for what I need - I'm very happy with it.

Comment

230v?

Comment

Lincoln FTW!
                        sigpic

Comment

120V, which makes it really portable and easy to use (as long as you have 20A breakers).

Comment

Cool! I might invest in one of these!

Comment

You just cant beat a nice and smooth look. It makes all the difference. You going to do a wire tuck also??

Just picked up a Millermatic 211 dual voltage setup and cant wait to break it in. Any reason you went with a 85/15 over the standard 75/25 ??
                              c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

'Standard' is anywhere from 70 to 90% argon, generally. The slightly higher argon allows for a bit more penetration into heavier metals (when I work on the RWD Probe the cage is heavy stuff and some of the subframe metals are 1/8 to 3/16" in thickness).

Comment

Working...
                                X