• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice work like always!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

wow this thing is coming along great can i have it for my b-day in june

Comment

Dan [Sac]

hey bro i see that you have the same set up that i want (kl to a mazda 323)i have a question. do it need the front end of the mx3 in order to fit that engine? or can i use a mx front end?? what extra part you used for make it happen... im sorry i a bordering you, but i want to try

Comment

Originally posted by mazda323t View Post
          Dan [Sac]

hey bro i see that you have the same set up that i want (kl to a mazda 323)i have a question. do it need the front end of the mx3 in order to fit that engine? or can i use a mx front end?? what extra part you used for make it happen... im sorry i a bordering you, but i want to try
          if you search, theres an actual section on engine swaps.

Comment

Originally posted by viper_707 View Post
            if you search, theres an actual section on engine swaps.
            i did but didn't have any luck

Comment

basically you need a v6 mx3 parts car. cause you need the crossmember, shifter linkage, engine wiring, mounts, passenger side actual frame bracket, midshaft, and passenger side axle. for the drivers side axle, you will need a mtx BP kia sophia axle. your stock suspension/ or whatever you already have will work fine with this set up.
              ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
              ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
              What are you driving?

Comment

Originally posted by mazda323t View Post
                Dan [Sac]

49 pages in dan's build thread and numerous other v6 swap build threads and you still can't read? *facepalm*
                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                  49 pages in dan's build thread and numerous other v6 swap build threads and you still can't read? *facepalm*
                  explain to me how you are hiding from us? (icon says you are offline..)

hmmm...? threadjack..lol

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

turpro

Originally posted by Turpro View Post

don't be selfish men, if you did the v6 swap without help good for you but if you don't want to answer question from rookies when you see that question if you don;t have nothing goo to say don't say anything..

i read a lot about it but im asking to whom really did that

Comment

Originally posted by monoxidechild View Post
                      basically you need a v6 mx3 parts car. cause you need the crossmember, shifter linkage, engine wiring, mounts, passenger side actual frame bracket, midshaft, and passenger side axle. for the drivers side axle, you will need a mtx BP kia sophia axle. your stock suspension/ or whatever you already have will work fine with this set up.
                      thnx monoxidechild for that but can i use all those part from a mx6 1993?? this one have the same engine and the same motor mount as well

Comment

no. maybe the harness. and 1 or 2 of the mounts maybe, but thats about it. the v6 mx3 crossmember, shift linkage, bracket mount, and passenger axle are specific to only that car. the probe/mx6 versions are different, and wont work.

the biggest head ache doing the swap is figuring out a radiator set up in all truth. anyone with a decent grip on mechanics can do this swap. me and pile of rd1 got his done in a week. while working full time job's, and being baked through the entire thing. lol. hell, the BP was pulled, and KL was fully bolted in, in the 1st 24 hours. which was only 24 hour's after deciding to do it in the 1st place! haha!!
                        ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                        ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                        What are you driving?

Comment

lol ok bro do i need to change the front end in order to install that crossmember or that s is optional??

Comment

no more questions in this thread. go make your own and stop cluttering up this thread
                            Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                            "Who Dey"

Comment

Srsly. GUyz.

If you honestly read this entire thread, as well as my old thread with the red 323 and searched as you say you have and still don't see how it comes together, perhaps this endeavor is not ready for you yet. Start small, like all of us did.

My first mod, and I was proud as **** when I did it, was a home depot 'cold air' intake with HVAC flex ducting and those plumbing rubber boots. I didn't even know what a clutch was back then.

Everything you need is contained here in the BG worklogs forum.
                              '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
                              '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
                              10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
                              490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

I got a large chunk of help from your first car ( which was appreciated) despite having being in the motorcycle trade for 25 yrs.......

Looking forward to seeing how you get that blower driven and plumbed up. I might have missed it but you'll be using megasquirt ???

Comment

Working...
                                X