Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, the plan is to MS it unless something else catches my interest in the mean time but it's doubtful due to the large price difference between MS and other stand alone systems.
    '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
    '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
    10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
    490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

When the time comes around I may be contacting you to have you make a sc mointing plate and pick your brain about putting a sc on.
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

9 more days of inactivity.....6 finals, 3 presentations, and several dozen pages of reports....shoulda just been a mechanic instead of trying to master mechanical engineering....nah, I'm kidding. Last final is on 5/18 (for this semester at least...one more year to go)....then I'm sleeping non-stop until 5/22, when I'll be watching the American LeMans race at Laguna Seca (cooler-on-wheels at the Corkscrew), and then this lil' 323 here will be exploited 12 hours a day till she's done.
        Last edited by Dan [Sac]; 05-09-2010, 03:46 AM.

Comment

yep priorities are key! glad to hear things are going good tho
          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Mechanical Engineering FTW!! I earned my BS Last May, took me darn near 6 months to finally get a decent job though...
            2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
            1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Snuck out of the house for a few hours and got some work done...

Got the throttle cable installed - had to drill a 1/2" hole in the firewall, then file it square so the firewall plastic OEM grommet would fit - looks factory now.

Got the HVAC blower bolted on.

Got the inside harness put in for good on the firewall - bracketed, zip tied, tucked out of the way where needed. Had to make some minor modifications on how it's run (since I'm using a 'flipped' LHD harness) but overall pretty painless.

Got the heater core bolted up.

The plastic HVAC duct between the heater core and blower did not fit properly since I was unable to locate a RHD unit - basically the way it 'curved' was backwards now that it's mounted on the other side. So I cut it in the middle, trimmed about 1" off on either side of the cut, took some thin flexible plastic and rolled it up and connected the 2 ends, and wrapped everything up in shiny HVAC tape. Works like a charm, and fits nice too.

Reassembled the dash skeleton, cover, and HVAC piping underneath.

Bolted HVAC plastics to firewall (top).

Bolted the dash in, bolted the interior fuse box in, and put in the mx3 gauge cluster.

The blower and heater core are both Frankensteined units. For the blower, I had to cut out the 'plug' area of the mx3 and epoxy it to the RHD unit so I could use the RHD blower.

The heater core was much tougher - all the gate controls on the RHD units were electric, with matching solenoids - I would have spent an eternity trying to get them to work with the V6 MX3 harness. COuldn't locate cable-operated RHD heater core....so I modified the MX3 one. The opening for it, and the opposite part (the capped end) were of the exact same shape, so I carefully cut out each end, swapped them, and epoxied them in place. If it weren't for the epoxy showing, it'd be OEM looking. Once more, works like OEM.

Here are some random pics I snapped with the GoPro Hero wide-angle cam...[edit - photobucket is tweaking out, pics may or may not load - they're 2.2 MB apiece though]

Last edited by Dan [Sac]; 05-15-2010, 02:59 AM.

Comment

yea the pics are a bit picky haha, but its lookin great man!
                -Jack

Comment

question????

DAN

10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - this time that you have is with the klze 323 in a 1/4 mile or what??

i asking you because if this run 10.2 in a 1/4 mile my friend has a mazda 323 bpt doing 7.0 in a 1/4 mile.... i though that the supercharged is better than turbo

Comment

Originally posted by mazda323t View Post
                    DAN

10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - this time that you have is with the klze 323 in a 1/4 mile or what??

i asking you because if this run 10.2 in a 1/4 mile my friend has a mazda 323 bpt doing 7.0 in a 1/4 mile.... i though that the supercharged is better than turbo
                    You need to learn how to read and also ask questions like these in a pm. Also know that there is no 323 with a bpt running a 7 second 1/4. Maybe 1/8 but come one with these redic posts.
                    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                    "Who Dey"

Comment

Thank you bomdout... to hell w/ those @ 25 posts or less!!! Superbalicious Dano we love your build skill.
                      Tricks get applause... Style gets respect.

Comment

Why I do have a 7-second BPT 323. It also has rocket packs for increased snow traction (laugh now, but when I say the magic '360-degree thrust vectoring' you're left eating your words).

Comment

omg...the 360 DTV...as if you found one...BAHAHA
                          -Jack

Comment

Oh yee of little faith....

If those jet engines can move the F-16 like that, imagine how wycked it would be on my featherweight 323.

Comment

The final touch of the car will be some graphics on the side (nothing too wild).

I have an idea of the lettering and shape, but I need the proper colors to go well with the dark gray metallic.

Comment

no keep it clean. no graphics

Comment

Working...
                                X