This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wiring question

Dan i know that this es the wrong place to ask you a question like this but i think that this is the right part to do it. I have the mx3 engine harness but with the distributor plugs missing, i went to the another car and i get those plug, i checked the wires and the harness wires color doesnt match with the one at the plug. Questions is can i connect those wires like what ever or have to be in order?? I would like to see a picture of the order that you distributor coil has to see if i can try something else
    Thanks

Comment

I didn't get much done today as I spent half the day chasing some freaking fittings and a bracket for the air meter....

I did put the fenders on and headlights and front bumper and grill to check for initial alignment (radiator is back out so I can bleed the clutch tomorrow and build the overflow system). Looks pretty good to me thus far.

I have to raise the rear about 30mm as I don't have enough room for suspension travel, but that was something that I expected from the first mockup. The front may have to go up about 10mm. There won't be any visible wheel gap, but the rear tires won't tuck as nicely (except at shows )

The last 3 pics I was screwing around with the camera - they are 25-second exposure shots taken in almost pitch black.

In the last shot, I took an LED flashlight and 'drew' the "323" in mid-air during the long exposure. Because I really haven't got better things to do....

Last edited by Dan [Sac]; 06-17-2010, 12:01 AM.
      '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
      '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
      10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
      490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

Looks good, still trying to get used to the Black lips I think they'd look better matched to the body color but just my two cents either way it looks awesome
        Check out the Pics
        sigpic
        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=228
        Mazda's Rule Honda's Drool

Comment

looks awesome!! yea i'm gettin use to the black too, it's nice, just not commonly seen is all
          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by 90prtege View Post
            Looks good, still trying to get used to the Black lips I think they'd look better matched to the body color but just my two cents either way it looks awesome
            Concur. Prefer color-matched flares, but it's picking nits. This is fantastic work!! One of the best builds (if not the best build) ever. It'll be awesome when it's fully supercharged.

Regards,
            Joel
            1988 323 GTX - Heavily modified

DJT Motorsports (Oak Park, MI) - like no other

Comment

I personally like the black lip. Looks great on that bumper. And i have to agree, best 323 build to date. Course the last great 323 was dans last 323. Lol
              ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
              ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
              What are you driving?

Comment

Looking good

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
                HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
                Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

I think the color choices are perfect. If it was all one color it wouldn't pop. I can't wait to see the front view when the flares are on.

I think your car is destined to be my wallpaper.

Comment

Amazing. Are you not getting a GTR grille?
                    Lookin' to boost my BP. Any help at all on this subject would be benificial to my success.

Comment

i like the black on the car to contrast the grey. if it was all grey i dont think it would look as good
                      91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Everyone will have a personal preference about the colors, or about the styling, or even choice of drivetrain/wheels/fuzzy dice color, etc...I'm glad that I'm satisfying my own personal preference though, since I have to see the darn thing everyday :D

As for 'best 323 build ever', far from it. There are some superb examples out there, both shop-built and home made ones, like mine. I'm just glad that the final product bears a very strong semblance to the image I had in my head when I even thought about doing this a few years ago.

I did have a weird ass dream last night though - Simon Pagenaud was driving my 323 in the 24 Hours of LeMans....and I get to co-drive it, and at every pit stop he drives it as you see in the photos, but when it's my turn I get some wild aero bolt ons, front & rear undertrays, and some crazy louvers....it was pretty entertaining, for sure.
                        '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
                        '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
                        10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
                        490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

I think the black would look like it belonged with the stock gtr side skirts painted black, it'd complete the overall lookmof the car. I'm not a fan of the black gtr rear lip, always wanted to color match it.

1993 Mazda Familia GTR - work log

Comment

i didnt realize it. but after you said that, i looked at his pics. and you are right. with the front and rear lip, and flares, a clean side skirt would really help bring it together. but fitting up skirts with those flares would probably be a PITA.
                            ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                            ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                            What are you driving?

Comment

Do you think you could take a side picture of the car, low to the ground, to see if the front lip and doors and rear lip all floor at the same height?

1993 Mazda Familia GTR - work log

Comment

If it was for sale and I had the money I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X