Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr GoD View Post
    hola de argentina!
    hola :D, estas en Argentina o en New York como dice ahi?

hi :D, are you on Argentina or in New York as stated there?

I'm from Uruguay, so my english might be wrong, any mistakes please, correct me

Comment

Originally posted by trufa View Post
      hola :D, estas en Argentina o en New York como dice ahi?

hi :D, are you on Argentina or in New York as stated there?
      im in new york but from mendoza.

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
        Don't take this in a bad way but what's so special about the toyota steelies?
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
          Don't take this in a bad way but what's so special about the toyota steelies?
          ok ok, sorry that i miss your post and didnt answer it, my bad

there is nothing special about the corolla steelies, its just that my previous car was a corolla so there is some feeling (also my mother drives an 06' Corolla and my father a 93' 4Runner, the Toyota feeling is in the family), i got them very cheap (for my country remember) and the tire-wheel combo with the corolla steel+Yokohama CDrive 185/60R14 is ligther than the mazda steel + pirelli cinturato p4 175/70R13. Thats all

Comment

well some progress

the other day i was bored so i went shopping, and find some leather like material (i know
            the name in spanish, but no idea in eng). So with that and swingmachine ready, the shifther
            and handbrake boot. And they came quite nice. The good thing is that i keep the originals
            in case i want to go back.

one thing that i cant understand yet that this car doesent came with rear seatbelts.
            So shoping again and new seatbeltsaunque parezca...

all the holes where there, but no seatbelt

âll nice and tucked

after that... i was bored againg and, the new victim was the gauge cluster. The thing was very
            hard to read, there werent enough ligth. So i remove it, change all the main bulbs (without that
            green thing), clean it, and give the transparant thing a ligth polish.

before

nice touch

after, the pictures dont as good as in person. Its 10 times better

now waiting for the pay check to give him some tinted windows

Comment

well... it looks that if aint a GTR or Turbo something, no body coments

anyway MORE PICS!

the muffler had developed a crack and started to sound awful, so a new exaust is instaled

video of the exaust
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvu9il_LAOc
              Last edited by trufa; 07-03-2009, 03:55 PM.

Comment

dude nice work on the shift and hand brake boots .. looks great !

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaNoob View Post
                  dude nice work on the shift and hand brake boots .. looks great !
                  thanks, it realy looks much better than the original rubber thing

now... CV Joint, isnt it?

Comment

well some more photos, saturday evening and the vibration when braking had a responsable

good thing i have a new one soo this friday i will change it (U$S 37 if you are interested)

now some pics of the exaust (from the outside and daylight)

yhea.. i know my car is dirty

Comment

a little update

the tools for this day are:

removing things from the car

but the ones which i cant get out....

were painted in place

Whats beneath the plastic

tons of dirt, i clean it, and i give the windshield a little polish

PAINTING TIME

some newspaper makes a great workbench :D

first coat

i saw this here in CP and i like it

painting the thing i couldnt remove

after 3 coats of paint

Before

After

Before

After

Well that was the plastics deparment, now its time for the wheels

Corolla 14" stelies, i masked all the wheel in place

3 coats of paint later

Nice offset

since i was painting the wheels... it was time for the spare wheel also

any coments?

Comment

Results (i clean the car)

any coments?

Comment

AWESOME turnaound. car looks great with just some lil cleaning and touching up. great job!
                          1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                          Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
                          "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Originally posted by worldhazard View Post
                            AWESOME turnaound. car looks great with just some lil cleaning and touching up. great job!
                            its incredible, with some love and some paint the car changes a lot, in fact are things that nobody notices, but in the whole package does a great deal

Comment

well, you dont have an idea how lucky i am, i bougth from a 2004 Kawasaki ZX636 its ITB's, and only U$S110 (cheaper than fixing the alternator).
                              This is a long proyect, i still need to decide which MS (I or II, 2.2, 3.0), find a fuel regulator, buy the wideband (innovate LC-1 the only thing i have decided), the MS will run stand alone from the car wiring so im using the "MegaSquirt Wiring Harness", luckly a relative is coming from USA in october and with some luck i can buy all this

Comment

little update, since the ass**** crashed my car i havent moved it, but the other day i wanted to take it to spin and he refused to start... yesterday i try to see why

my car in a well know position

the sohc that didnt wanted to start, a quick diagnostic revealed that the fuel pump, wasnt pumping anything

instead of start form, front to back... i started looking in the tank if there was any fuel left

and there was, since i was there i check the mesh in the pickup and it was clean

so... there was fuel, and the pickup works, checked the lines on the bottom of the car, and then i reached the firewall, and to my surprise below the batery there was a filter that i never noticed, took it away and it was cloged

i remove the old/cloged filter and instaled q new one (not the same one, but one that i had lying around)

also changed some hoses

biopsy of the filter, it doesnt look bad, but it was totaly cloged

Comment

Working...
                                X