Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff, keep it up,

Comment

buen trabajo con el protege!! que curioso el motor en carburador jeje no sabia que el protege vino con un motor de carburador

nice work right there!

1995 KIA Sephia GS
      1992 Mazda 323

Comment

coming along, all you need now is to find a replacement tail light so you can get rid of the broken one
        91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

well, i was a little over due the oil change, and today was the day. I found some Castrol GTX 20w50 for a realy good price, and also with the knowledge of this forum i was able to find a proper fram filter and not the chinese **** they sold me last time. I also change the engine water was i was working on it

a good thing is that, oil was oil, and water was water. No mix or similar

some pictures for today

the contestants, you can see the old filter there

i know, a little dirty, someday i will change the oil without making a mess

and something that is waiting for me (my first ebay buy) some engine mounts inserts

I'm from Uruguay, so my english might be wrong, any mistakes please, correct me

Comment

i stoped by the painters today and found my car like this

hopefully i will be driving it soon

Comment

woooow long time no update, lets change that

lets start, some of the things that have been hapening

well the alternator decided not to work, so i have to get it fixed. Luckly it was just that, some manteinance by the technician, and everything working again

more things. Since the day i bought the car, when braking the car vibrates when over 60km/h the faster the worst. So i decided to change the rotors, and the vibration went away just like that :D

after that, I had some free days in summer, and i decied to strip de interior to do a proper clean up

after two days of dismanteling everything, lot of vacuuming, this is the result

Some time passed, and a friend of mine tells me that in a shop over here where was someting that i have to check out. I went there and as soon as i see it i bougth it :D
              given that we where spending some money lets spend some more

striping starts

a buddy of mine helping out

naked car :O

dresed car, with new dress :D

i still need to change one tail-light

masking everything, for sanding and a coat of paint

first coat

after 4 coats of paint, not bad :D

and this is one pic i took while we where looking in the local junkyards
              Last edited by trufa; 07-31-2010, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Fine work! And what about quality of DEPO optics - especially how precious they are for mounting in car holes? I used DEPO headlights - so I had no problem. In our country the price of 1 DEPO turn-signal is about 15 $.Thank you.
                GTX front bumber is fine, it is difficult to find one in our country, because there are too much 323 and just a liitle bit of Proteges!
                Last edited by labeo; 04-04-2010, 10:35 AM.
                sigpic
                1990 323s BG 1.6i

Comment

Originally posted by labeo View Post
                  Fine work! And what about quality of DEPO optics - especially how precious they are for mounting in car holes? I used DEPO headlights - so I had no problem. In our country the price of 1 DEPO turn-signal is about 15 $.Thank you.
                  GTX front bumber is fine, it is difficult to find one in our country, because there are too much 323 and just a liitle bit of Proteges!
                  the quality is great, right now the only thing that isnt DEPO is the center garnish (because they dont make it) and the rear right lamp, which im going to replace soon because it has a hole on it, also the fitting is great i have never had to trim or remove anything from them in order to fit.

Over here the thing is the opposite, a lot of protege's which are just 323, and just one 323, yes just one. Also all of them are the L model (basic) or the LX (power everything, sohc)

Comment

cars lookin good!
                    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                      cars lookin good!
                      just need some BP power

Comment

awesome work trufa the new corner and gtx bumper make your protege stand out more.any chance you can get your hands on gtx interior that rite there would top it off.

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by trufa View Post
                          Over here the thing is the opposite, a lot of protege's which are just 323, and just one 323, yes just one. Also all of them are the L model (basic) or the LX (power everything, sohc)
                          He-he, it means that your BG is exclusive there?
                          sigpic
                          1990 323s BG 1.6i

Comment

Originally posted by Kris View Post
                            awesome work trufa the new corner and gtx bumper make your protege stand out more.any chance you can get your hands on gtx interior that rite there would top it off.
                            im here if you want to send the interior jajaja, do you want my address?

Originally posted by labeo View Post
                            He-he, it means that your BG is exclusive there?
                            quite exclusive, over here its all about ford, fiats, and chevrolet (all brazilian o form argentina) so anything from japen is rare and exclusive

Well some more pics. This time it was carburator time! only god knows how much i hate those things, i still cant belive that this car entered in carburator version, too much free time mazda? why waste time on old techonolgy on the 90's? But someone need to take care of them and i like to compicate myself so given that the 1.6 sohc was doing like 11mpg (no joke). So i dismantle all the carburator and replace all gaskets, give it a proper clean soaking on carbcleaner, and then with compresed air.

Here when i removed the carb, also removed the sparkplugs to clean them

And this is my new invention, like a friend of mine calls it T-Tec or Trufa-Tec, because the primary is operated with the acelerator directly, but the secondary opens by vacumm, the problem was that the vacumm part was perforated so no vacumm to operate the secondary. So some zip-ties after and the secondary is working again. The white zip-tie conects the primary and the secondary, and the black one is to make the secondary opens early (3800rpm)

and in this picture, the cleaned carb is back where it belongs. I removed a calefactor plate that wasnt working in the process. Turned with on spark-plugs in order to fill the carburator. Then put the sparkplugs in place, and... it jumps to life :D I checked all the ajustments to make it idle properly, and take it for a ride... SOOOOO much better know

a video (T-Tec kicked in yo!)
                            Luego de desarmar el carburador, realizarle un mantenimiento y armarlo. Un pequeño videito de como quedo

and another one
                            Mazda 323 1.6 16v, luego de limpiar el carburador y ajustarlo. Pisandolo un poco en recta a ver como responde. Prueba realizada en circuito cerrado

truth be told, im quite happy with the modification. Below 3800rpm is the same car only quieter and more responsive. After the magic number, the needle climbs much much much faster and the car wants to keep on going, until 6200-6500. For comparison after this mod the car could reach 100mph downhill... now it can do 115mph flat :D
                            Last edited by trufa; 10-06-2010, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Congratulations in conquest of new speed limit! Nice work, especially Trufa-Tec, lol
                              sigpic
                              1990 323s BG 1.6i

Comment

good work @trufa!! i like your car and your abition to keep this old car in running, like we all do. I have a 323 bg whith 1.3 carburated(like yours), I have a question for you, the red wire that goes from the carb, were is the second end??? from the ignition coil????

Comment

Working...
                                X