No announcement yet.

323 GT-R Built

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love it, been thinking off painting my black GTR white but could be swayed too this colour

Comment

Little update after one week of work on the car:

Took the engine/tranny out
      Replaced the rear main seal, crank seal and redid the oil pan seal...it was leaking at both ends.
      Replaced distributor seal, was leaking. Took the time to clean everything and paint the oil pan.
      Replaced one ball joint
      Painted the intake manifold and got a new Turbo Intercooled sticker for it.
      Painted all caliper
      Installed stainless steel brake lines (Corksport)
      Instaledl a boost controller (Perrin)
      Installed a K&N air Filter
      Installed new fog lights
      Repainted wipers arms + new wipers
      Still need to work something for a boost gauge
      Powder coat front strut bar, same color as valve cover...didn't get to it yet
      Installed new clutch (Bully Clutch Stage 3)
      Installed new vacuum hoses (Hose Techniques)
      Repainted hatch moldings (paint pealed off)
      Sent all 4 rims to get refinished, will get them back sometime this week

Waiting for the rims to come back, and I will take some final pictures of all the work I did...then you can comment

Pictures to come...
      Last edited by 323 GT-R; 07-05-2009, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Now thats the way a GTR should look , unlike this thread I just got done reading........can you say rice a roni. You sir are a true Mazda fan.
        c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

I know I've been bad trying to keep this update but don't think its too late to show you what I did on my week off from work...

Comment

Now the real work begins

The plan was to replace the clutch on my car...but here's what I ended up doing...

1- Replace Clutch
            2- Replace Oil Pan Gasket + Repaint Oil Pan
            3- Replace Rear Main Seal
            4- Replace Crank Seal
            5- Replace Distributor Seal
            6- Repaint Intake Manifold
            7- New Intake Manifold Gasket
            8- New "Turbo Intercooled" Sticker
            9- Replaced all Vaccum Hoses
            10- Replace Clutch Line for a Braided Stainless Line
            11- Replaced Stock Air Filter for a K&N Intake Kit
            12- Replaced Fog Lights

So here is where it all starts!

Took the hood off to make all this easier

After a few hours of work here it is...

You can see behind the engine all the parts removed...

Took the intake manifold off

Front end was removed to prevent any bad accident to happen to the lights/bumper

It's at this point that I've decided to replace all the bottom end oil seals...

After a few hours a cleaning and removing all the oil seals...I started to put it back together...

Ready to go back on the engine...All nice and clean!

Timing Belt back on...

All Heat Shileds repainted

Now it's time to put the clutch on this good looking engine!

I've put the tranny back on and now its time to put it back in the hole...

Lost track of time...didn't take much pictures of the all the work to put it back together...but here's a final picture of all my hard work!

And now with eveything back on..Bumper, Lights, Hood and even new Fog Lights!

Comment

I will post picture of my refinished rims once the rain stops here in Canada...its been 5-6 days without good sunlight...

Let me know what you think of all my work!

Comment

! well done sir! thats a good amount of work to accomplish
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

daaaaamn!!! niceee GTR!

1995 KIA Sephia GS
                  1992 Mazda 323

Comment

Beautiful Work! I'm wondering if your radiator would fit in an EGT though..? What brand spark plug wires are those? I'm running taylor thundervolt. How does the 6 puck clutch feel? Any trouble off the line hooking up without chattering? Any violent engagment'? Don't forget about your rear end fluid!

Comment

Damn nice GT-R! I'd be lying if I said I'm not jealous

Comment

Originally posted by cis2711 View Post
                        Beautiful Work! I'm wondering if your radiator would fit in an EGT though..? What brand spark plug wires are those? I'm running taylor thundervolt. How does the 6 puck clutch feel? Any trouble off the line hooking up without chattering? Any violent engagment'? Don't forget about your rear end fluid!
                        The Rad was made for a 323 but can probably fit an egt...you would need to buy the lower rad hose for a 323 tho...

The spark plug wire are Magnacor 8.5mm

The clutch feels very nice, at the take off (1st gear) its smooth...but when you floor it, it holds up all the power and doesn't slip at all...I like it a lot! Best upgrade so far... I didn't try any launch or anything too aggressive I'm still doing the brake in...

All Fluid were replaced...I'm using Red Line Products...

Comment

Very nice work
                          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I wanna go see that car when your done.Your just 20mins away

Comment

You can come and see it if you want this weekend...I should be home starting tonight till next tuesday...here I come long weekend

PM me if you want my phone #

Comment

Hey I'm going to Cornwall this Sathurday, if you're interested, you could going there. Even I could catch you when I got through Montreal?
                                -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!
                                -2008 Mitsubishi Evolution X MR, AEM turbo inlet system, 3" magnaflow exhaust.
                                -2006 Pimped Grand Caravan 3.8L GT40...I'm kidding, it's stock

Comment

Working...
                                X