• Show
Clear All

Hey... wheres the video?? you still eating, lolz
    Anyone knows what 9K rpm feels like? I do

93 Mercury Tracer SW
    99 Honda Accord 4DR 'VIP' status
    01 Honda S2000 Future Boost

Comment

Lol! Yeah taking a breakfast now. By the time I was ready to drive it yesterday, darkness took place and I had a 80km trip to get back home...so I left without the camera but I'm getting on it right after. Pics are uploaded in my photobucket. Got to put the mirror in this thread so you can see the rest of the work...
      -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!
      -2008 Mitsubishi Evolution X MR, AEM turbo inlet system, 3" magnaflow exhaust.
      -2006 Pimped Grand Caravan 3.8L GT40...I'm kidding, it's stock

Comment

Here's a quick one, just to tease you a little lol!!

-1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!

Comment

Damn ! nice !

I hope one day i'll be like you ! made a complete build by myself !

Your the master GT-R ! congrats !

Comment

Here's the rest of the build:

the turbo piping

After that I had to fit an oil cooler. I first wanted to put it in between the FMIC and the rad, but I could just get a hand, no more room allowed because of the new size of the radiator. So I had no choice to use a fog area to mount it. I know some of you will disagree with this idea, but thrust me, I tried to fit it anywhere else in the engine bay and nothing could achieve a better job by letting fresh air going through it than the fog hole.

And after that, I installed a universal aluminium mesh grill, that I painted in black.

A year without running = dust

There's an oil filter relocation sitting just under the MSD box.

From the underneath of the car

Bleeding the cooling system

And it's ready to go...a little video, car still under break in period, boost only 7psi, boost cut set @ 10psi, and shifting the redline for now @ 6500rpm, 3rd-4th gear pull...but the engine wants more!! You'll notice that I hit the boost cut early after shifting the 4th. I only hold throttle for 30% according to MS !"/$%?&

Comment

Some of you probably noticed that there's no air filter yet, but it's on its way, the screen is temporary.

Comment

Sly, the car sounds great. Would it be possible to post your timing map and did fitting the cams affect your trigger angle.

Comment

Originally posted by b19gtr View Post
                  Sly, the car sounds great. Did fitting the cams affect your trigger angle.
                  It did of course, but I had enough room to correct it with the distributor. Base timing = fixed to 10 and timing light on the timing mark.

Comment

Would it be possible to post your timing map .
                    Before you copy/paste this map into your .msq file, I'd like you to be really careful. This map has been developed for this engine and the main things behind the aggressive timing is the modified combustion chamber of the head and I'm running on 94. It's made for 25psi, I did tuned it using a progressive AFR from 12:5 @ 5psi scaled down to 11:1 once you reach 25psi. BP engines loves fuel under boost, I remember when stock, the GT-R factory fuel map was 10:1 @ 20 psi...I did tuned this timing map using exhaust gas temperature reading, audible knock tool (knock sensor unit installed on the block with a transmitter and headphone), and G-Tech pro.

Comment

wow! so glad you got the car running before the winter hits! awesome!! I hear some pulsating noises before you hit redline as well...any idea what that is? wastegate opening up?
                      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Before you copy/paste this map into your .msq file, I'd like you to be really careful. This map has been developed for this engine and the main things behind the aggressive timing is the modified combustion chamber of the head and I'm running on 94. It's made for 25psi, I did tuned it using a progressive AFR from 12:5 @ 5psi scaled down to 11:1 once you reach 25psi. BP engines loves fuel under boost, I remember when stock, the GT-R factory fuel map was 10:1 @ 20 psi...I did tuned this timing map using exhaust gas temperature reading, audible knock tool (knock sensor unit installed on the block with a transmitter and headphone), and G-Tech pro.
                        I see what you mean by aggressive. In terms of EGT, what sort of temperatures are safe in the crusing part of the map and also on boost.

Thanks

Comment

Sly, i trully appreciate the sharing of knowledge and data, it's a real joy to see your post updates !

Comment

Sly, i see your target AFR at idle is 12.3. Is this to cool the EGT's?

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                              wow! so glad you got the car running before the winter hits! awesome!! I hear some pulsating noises before you hit redline as well...any idea what that is? wastegate opening up?
                              That noise is from the EVC, what you hear is the pulse.

Thank you very much for your support Jack, without your appreciation, it would have take forever to finish this project. I spent almost 300 hours on it.

Comment

I see what you mean by aggressive. In terms of EGT, what sort of temperatures are safe in the crusing part of the map and also on boost.

Thanks
                                While cruising at 14.7:1 you should expect 1250F as optimum EGT. The small housing of the VJ23 @ 20psi push the EGT to 1500F at 11:1 of AFR. Stay away from 1600F range. If you have to deal with, add fuel and lower the AFR down to 10.5:1. Factory GTR runs 10:1 @ 20 psi and runs great. BP's love fuel. Use 12:1 range till 10 psi, pass that mark, give that baby a bigger bottle
                                Last edited by mazdasly75; 10-12-2011, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X