No announcement yet.

Mazdasly75's GT-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JE's pistons are made light, the top of the piston is so thin compare to supertech. By saying it's stronger, I'm mostly thinking of being melt instead of cylinder pressure. With JE, once you touch 1650F, the piston's going down the pan in a lightning. I've seen Wiseco's holding 1700F for 30sec without getting damaged. The Supertech's coating will help resisting to excessive heat.

Both JE's/Supertech's pins are chromoly, but again, Supertech's pin is thicker.

In my opinion, JE's are the best for N/A cause they're going to the limits by shaving down it's parts.
    -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!
    -2008 Mitsubishi Evolution X MR, AEM turbo inlet system, 3" magnaflow exhaust.
    -2006 Pimped Grand Caravan 3.8L GT40...I'm kidding, it's stock

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
      no. it can be rotated. thats in the design of all external wastegates.
      regardless if you redrill/tap it you'll need to tear it down enough to see that anyhow just to clean the shavings out
      Not to open a debate, but I just want you to see a picture of the bolt pattern from the bottom part of the wastegate actuator...

So here what I did to fix the problem, I drilled new hole that clear exhaust and tap 1/8" NPT.

Next I had to do a dump pipe to the turbo downpipe

Hole made with plasma cutter

after a little cleanup

I also did a port to put back the exhaust gas temperature probe

And a 1/8" NPT port to the compressor housing to send pressure to the boost actuator valve

I also fit a bigger fuel rail

here I am for now, I did more work but had no more battery in my cell...yeah the pics have been taken with my new samsung galaxy S II 8MP

the new rad should be ready for tomorrow...
      Last edited by mazdasly75; 09-12-2011, 11:47 AM.
      -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!

Comment

subbin!!!! awesome progress! getting me antsy to work on my own car again
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

wow awesome work yet again! car is going to fly!
          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Hey I just received a call my new cams has arrived 274 deg made from 2 exhaust cams!!

Comment

very nice!!! who did the re-grind for you?
              -Jack

Comment

Colt cams
                BTW thanks guys for your comments i appreciate it!

Comment

Wow looks great dood! Thats a very snazzy lookin turbo!

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
                  1997 Probe GT

Its not a BP05.... Its a BPOS... BIG PIECE OF ****

Comment

Can't wait to install those!! it's 2 exhaust cams ground to 274 degrees, so I have to do the ex/intake mods on one of it. After I have to figure out how to set the advance/retard to have a decent cam timing. It's gonna be a little more pain in the ass as I can't use the degree wheel cause it's too large to fit the crank while the engine sit the engine bay.

Comment

Here's some of the work I did over the past days!

Tapped treads into fuel rail to the new adjustable fuel regulator

AN 3 converted fuel in

Routed boost hose properly from electronic boost valve, turbo and external wastegate

had to modified turbo water outlet pass, using a solid protege GT hose, will let my fiancé doing the paint over it

...and finally I got the custom rad...been waiting 2 months! It has no ports on those pictures, but has been tried in the engine bay yesterday and should be installing it this weekend

Twin 10" fan are going to be fitted

Project shall be achieved somewhere next week as I'm off, so it will be going faster now

Comment

Great work
                        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

awesome!!! man you must love your GTR lol
                          -Jack

Comment

A reliable beast is coming !

Comment

This is one hell of a ride mann..! Love ur GTR.. keep posting..!
                              sigpic

Comment

Nice work. Looking forward to more videos when it's up and running again. What's with the Ford valve cover?
                                sigpic
                                1992 Familia GT-X
                                1988 323 GTX
                                2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
                                2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Working...
                                X