No announcement yet.

Mazdasly75's GT-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick question, what is that red switch behind the steering wheel on the steering column do? I've seen several pictures of it on JDM BG's with momo wheels but have no clue what it does.
    1992 Mazda Protege DX Manual - 5/30/2006 R.I.P
    1992 Mazda Protege LX former Manual - 2/2/2010 Parts Donor
    1994 Mazda Protege LX Manual swap Daily Driver W.I.P.

Comment

I finally not had much time this summer riding the 323 as I wanted to. I move a new house so most of my times went to move my stuffs and to my 4 kids...

Went to a 1/8 mile track recently, without touching the tune, at 16psi again like the last time I went to that track. My best so far was 8.3sec @ 87mph, 1.636 60ft with an ugly crap reaction time of 0.380sec. Before the mods, I did 9.1sec @ 83mph.

I did 1500km witht the car and it's now stored for the winter, yeah already.

For this winter, it's going to be the installation a new GT3076R turbo and hope to run the car back to 30psi
      -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!
      -2008 Mitsubishi Evolution X MR, AEM turbo inlet system, 3" magnaflow exhaust.
      -2006 Pimped Grand Caravan 3.8L GT40...I'm kidding, it's stock

Comment

Originally posted by mazdasly75 View Post
        Well, actualy, the crankshaft will be balanced with the crank pulley and the fidanza flywheel on. Each pistons and rods has been weigh matched as well, so at this point I'll keep it even if I know the consequences of using a UDP. All I want is to remove the most as possible inertia weight off the crank. Thanks for the advice though.
        You have excellent mechanical skills, nobody can question that, you can tear down a transmission, rebuild a cylinder head and complete engine block, but your knowledge is way off in regards to the balancing of engine/crankshaft.

Using that aluminum crank pulley will be your weak link.

Best of luck on your build, and stop making excuses about the videos and pictures.

You mention you have a G-tech, what are the 1/4 mile times? and G-Tech model do you have?
        Last edited by psiturbo; 10-06-2010, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AtmaEdge View Post
          Just a quick question, what is that red switch behind the steering wheel on the steering column do? I've seen several pictures of it on JDM BG's with momo wheels but have no clue what it does.
          hazard lights man,

the build looks mint really impressed by it, wish my gtr looked as clean as yours, after the rebuild ive had alot of loose ends to fix up. =(
          Mazda Familia GT-R: 241HP ATW and 387NM @17psi

i give my wife a quarter inch at a time for thoes ten seconds or less im free

I try to see things from your point of view...but I just can't seem to get my head THAT far up my ass.

Advertising your own forum on our website is not appreciated/allowed-Sincerely Administration Staff

sigpic

Comment

hi there,
            based from the pic below, will the stock valve lock compatible with the supertech titanium retainer if i were to use stock valve? sorry for the noob question.

tq

Comment

The larger locks appear to cause the upper spring seat to sit lower on the valve stem. This would cause the sping to preload a bit putting the spring coils slightly closer together. Could lead to coil bind. Of course you could check that on the bench.

But just looking at it, it doesn't realy look like the locks are "Locked" into the upper seat in that picture. I wouldn't trust it.

Comment

Originally posted by psiturbo View Post
                You have excellent mechanical skills, nobody can question that, you can tear down a transmission, rebuild a cylinder head and complete engine block, but your knowledge is way off in regards to the balancing of engine/crankshaft.

Using that aluminum crank pulley will be your weak link.

Best of luck on your build, and stop making excuses about the videos and pictures.

You mention you have a G-tech, what are the 1/4 mile times? and G-Tech model do you have?
                Engine runs with stock pulley so stop making a long history with the UDP one. It will runs like that till the engine blows, if it has to though.

G-tech is the pro version wich I bough back in 2002, is somewhere in a box in the garage wich will sleep all winter long. My 1/4 mile time from G-tech is somewhere in this thread, but you ain't going to see new one since the car's sleeping.

Like I said moving a whole family, school's back, wich mean kid's homeworks, doing my 40 hours at Mitsubishi and I started back to teach mechanic on some evenings, not to mention that I play hockey 3 times/week....and those aren't excuses, it's my life and I like it. For those reason, I won't spend any hours in pushing farther the car, or testing it on a track this year. The only thing I'll be doing is some cold start tunes as the outside morning temps is touching the 0-5 celcius mark, yeah already...

Like you said I don't know anythings in balancing an engine and that's why I paid to get it balanced, I'm not offenced. The engine pulls strong, revs hard, with a better turbo it will be even better. The project isn't completed yet till I get new turbo.

thanks foir the advise though I appreciate it.
                -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!

Comment

Originally posted by sumimasen View Post
                  hi there,
                  based from the pic below, will the stock valve lock compatible with the supertech titanium retainer if i were to use stock valve? sorry for the noob question.

tq

Yeah stock valves/supertech retainer will be compatible. It's the way supertech's valves tips are cut make the stock valvlocks incompatible with those.

stock valve---->stock valve locks
                  supertech valves---->any 98 mazda's model valve locks

Comment

great! thanks alot

Comment

Here we are!!! it's spring again and guess what?? going through mods again!! lol it's never enough...

Ok here's a part list:

-brand new block with supertech 2.5mm (0.100") oversized piston. The idea behind that is to raise the volume of the engine to nearly 2.0L. The crank will have to get back for balancing job with the new size of piston.

Also, the cams are gone to be ground, I'm waiting for a call from the shop to deceide the duration I need.

Got new garrett GT3076R T3
                      Turbine
                      -Wheel: 60mm w/ 84 trim
                      -Housing: .63 ar
                      Compressor with 4" anti surge inlet
                      -Wheel: 76.2mm w/ 56 trim
                      -Housing: .60 ar
                      This turbo is good for 500hp

With that turbo, I need a new turbo manifold wich I'll build by myself, with 1.75in stainless schedule 40 tubing. Of course I'll make a custom rad to make more space for the turbo. This time the downpipe will be 3", no more restriction!!

And what I'm going to do with the other engine and the turbo? I'll keep those for the future. This time you will assist the build with tons of pictures!! stay tuned
                      Last edited by mazdasly75; 04-26-2011, 05:06 PM.

Comment

absolutely awesome
                        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Sub'n

Comment

Turbo ramhorn manifold

Ok here's the page of the build of a stainless 1.5" schedule 10 ramhorn style turbo manifold

Here's the part

Mild steel flange (this is the only steel part on this manifold)

The turbo (GT3076R) and the stainless

I've built a merge collector...took almost a day!!

My fiancée polishing every elbows...she's an awesome helper!!

Nice work!!

OK...haven't welded with the TIG for a year...I should have practice a little, but time is an enemy!!

T3 flange welded!!

Assembling the whole thing!! Can I tell ya that 2 hands aren't enough to hold elbows together...

Here I am for now, worked around 5 hours to get this done, more to come here, will edit post....
                            Last edited by mazdasly75; 05-09-2011, 10:23 PM.

Comment

awesome work!! how were you able to tapper the elbows to fit in the exhaust flange ports?
                              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Nice work.
                                Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                                "Who Dey"

Comment

Working...
                                X