No announcement yet.

Midnight shadows worklog part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If its such a problem just drill a hole in the pulley big enough to get to the bolt that holds it on.
    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
    "Who Dey"

Comment

you're not putting it back on are you? If so then why pull it off?
      2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
      1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Looks better in an ebay ad if the pulley is on it

Ok so I was just looking over the motor to kind of study the vac lines(omg there's a lot) and noticed that the vric actuator(closest to the front of motor) had jbweld holding the hose onto it Now I'm glad I didn't sell the mx3 manifold. Looks like I'm going to have to grab the extra parts off of it. There's also a vac line nipple broke off of the 2nd vris siliniod so that will have to be replaced as well. Pics coming soon
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Some reference shots of vac lines.
          Attached Files
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Wow is that a lot of lines. Complete meyham
            Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
            "Who Dey"

Comment

holy vacuum lines , batman..

Comment

yep welcome to the KL disaster lol
                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Wonder if I should have bought two silicone hose "pit kit's" LOL

(I got black) Turpro is looking into pink for his ride.
                  Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

Is the silicone better at bends? Some of these lines are so bent that I'm wondering if they could push air through them.

Ok so more progress has been made. Got the ps pump off. Also removed a lot of vac and coolant lines that were just hanging off the motor. I will be studying vac diagrams for sure. The more I tear into this thing the more I'm like lol. Oh well. It will make for a nice running car when done and also reliable for years to come. Ok on to pictures
                    Attached Files
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Decided not to take the old owners word for it and took all the front apart to see if in fact there was a new water pump on it. Low and behold there is . Even though he said the belt was new I'll still be replacing it along with TB pulleys.
                      Attached Files
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

And since I was a dumbass I had to think of a way to remove the wp pulley bolts without any belts on. For you kl guys its really easy. Just take a screw driver and set it like this. Works well
                        Attached Files
                        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

lookin good man.

yea there's a lot of junk on the KL, just have to look at one thing at a time lol.
                          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Caramel mmmm
                            Attached Files
                            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

looking good. question. does one of those vac lines off the vris run to the egr? i dont think my vris is working and i wonder if this could have something to do with it seeing im not running an egr.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

I'll take a look tomorrow when I get home. I'm already in aw about the vac lines lol
                                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Working...
                                X