No announcement yet.

Project Flat-Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats! Looks pretty clean for the milage. If you need any parts for it, let me know! I can get tons of used parts. Also, are those JDM or EDM headlights?

Comment

Originally posted by mx-3_4evr View Post
      Congrats! Looks pretty clean for the milage. If you need any parts for it, let me know! I can get tons of used parts. Also, are those JDM or EDM headlights?
      Glass=edm
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Well... the car hasn't moved for quite some time. Battery is dead. Work is up in the air right now.... Might be coming out with the short end of the stick. So in the meantime, i'm looking for a replacement. No longer just a 2nd job. Gonna get the honduh flat towed out hopefully this weekend to make some room. And really... it's kinda up in the air right now if i even keep the 323. I haven't had time to register it or anything. I hope i don't have to. But my parts are still sitting here, just waiting for me to get a good weekend without work or other important things to be done. *sigh*... was hoping this build thread would be more exciting. It definitely had the potential that for sure...
        1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
        Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
        "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Damn, that's too bad. I've got a drivers seat in EXCELLENT condition, twenty bucks would make it yours. And I'm gonna be in Salem this weekend...
          -'91 Festiva L
          -'91 Pro AWD New Project

Comment

Oh... noticed i never posted my list of goodies to be thrown in:

MX-3 Seats (not in the greatest of shape. can't get 100% clean, i'd say they're about 80%

MX-3 Center console: (i failed.. grabed the lower console from wrong year mx3

GTR front st bar, generic rear ST bar, trunk & fuel door release latches and cables, mazdaspeed pedals, and ms license plate and frame

Manual belt swap (missing a pillar trim)

JDM front garnish with upper and mid rear wing

Round foglight grille

323 jdm/edm foglight grille
            1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
            "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

It would be a shame to get rid of it especially with all those sweet goodies you have. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that. Good luck.
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Holy ****!!! That was my car before I moved to Germany. I sold it to some random dude a year ago. He sure did a number on it! But I'm glad it ended up in good hands. I was the one that put the lx cluster in it. Ya sorry about that disgusting yellow wire from the coil but I just wanted to get the tach working. But all the other nasty **** happened over the last year. Those seats where almost perfect. People like that really piss me off.
                Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

My job is in the crapper, the weather is in the crapper, and my work log reads like toilet paper. You know what? I don't give a flying ****! If all I can do is make plans in my head in my spare time then that's what I'll do. I've got a realistic timeline for progress but I'm not even close to that yet. This is what I do for my me and I WILL get back to it, one way or the other.

Don't loose hope.
                  Last edited by 1st Gen; 11-07-2009, 03:41 PM.
                  1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
                  1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
                  2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
                  1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

Originally posted by 92_2_fast View Post
                    Holy ****!!! That was my car before I moved to Germany. I sold it to some random dude a year ago. He sure did a number on it! But I'm glad it ended up in good hands. I was the one that put the lx cluster in it. Ya sorry about that disgusting yellow wire from the coil but I just wanted to get the tach working. But all the other nasty **** happened over the last year. Those seats where almost perfect. People like that really piss me off.
                    are you Matt? from Lebanon...?

Comment

Originally posted by 1st Gen View Post
                      My job is in the crapper, the weather is in the crapper, and my work log reads like toilet paper. You know what? I don't give a flying ****! If all I can do is make plans in my head in my spare time then that's what I'll do. I've got a realistic timeline for progress but I'm not even close to that yet. This is what I do for my me and I WILL get back to it, one way or the other.

Don't loose hope.
                      well the way i see it at the moment. It's paid for. it's not insured or reg'd at the moment. so i'm not spending any moment on the car to just sit around. luckily... as was the old project. So.. it can sit, and i can get to it when i get time. I actually want this to be so much more 'me' than the 4wd. And when i reach my final goal, man... my g/f will be jealous ill be spending even more time with it. lol. thanks jon. btw, on the belts... don't hold out on em for me. they're not a necessity at the moment. so i'm sure when i finaly get around to it, ill find some

Comment

nice score on the 323..... im actually looking to get back into the BG game myself :D

Comment

If you look to my left, you can see the avatar of what i will have once the exterior is complete. Right now, i'm just waiting to get the thing legal, and road worthy and safe enough to throw around in the dirt. I have some suspension mods lined up, along with brakes and a few other lil things. But this will all come slowly through-out next year. I'd like to get it close to complete by the end of 2010.

Eventually, I will BP it. probably using the gtx motor that's been lyin in my garage. But that'll get built semi bullet proof prior to install. Anyway, that's just a lil heads up. Still haven't had much time to work on the car. WAS going to this weekend, but my gf finally gets home from Aussie land so i'll be a lil busy.

Comment

giggidy giggidy goo!

Comment

Originally posted by worldhazard View Post
                              Drivers auto-belt is fubar... it's held in by a screw... Passenger side is the same.
                              I had mine replaced for FREE at the local stealership under the guidelines of the seatbelt recall. Try to see if you can score the same.

Google search "mazda 323 recall" and you'll find hits that give more info. Similarly, I have a thread somewhere on the forums that describe further.

-Peter

Comment

thanks. i'm not feeling that as a necessary though. prefer manual belts, and i have another set of auto belts around anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X