Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new Daily Driver 1993 Protege GT ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hate you for having 2 really clean really nice BGs lol, i just complimented on your 323...so i'm going to hate on your protege. she's lazy, her parents never liked her, and all the boys think she smells bad LOL!
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

A small update for the DD ... I finally got off my butt and cleaned up and painted the JDM center grill I bought months and month ago .

So now the front end transformation is complete ( complete for now LOL )

New headlights and corners , 626 front lip and new JDM center grill .

Its pretty now ..ha ha .

Oh and I forgot about the New Exhaust . Twin Tip Muffler .. its a bit loud , but alot more flow . Looks stockish for the GT model .

Comment

Looks good Rob.. not sure how much I am digging the 626 lip though.. never really been my tastes..

Comment

Wow that's clean. Impressive. I like your tastefully subtle mods too.
          1990 Protege 4WD
          GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
          ├┼┤
          2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Info on the headlights and corners? I really like those.
            -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
            VF10 powered!
            262 Whp & 257 Wtq
            13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

It's amazing how clean the car looks for its age and being black. Great job.

Comment

Ace ... I got two sets of the Headlights and corners from a place in the Netherlands . Here is the link to their website....

Showoff Imports.nl, Europe's Nr.1 Import Tuning Store. Your supplier for exclusive tuning & styling for import style cars, directly from USA and Japan. WE MEET OR BEAT ANY PRICE! Shipping through whole Europe. Big showroom and super large tuning web-shop. Specialized in Honda and other Japanese cars.

Here is the specific link to the headlights and corners .

Showoff Imports.nl, Europe's Nr.1 Import Tuning Store. Your supplier for exclusive tuning & styling for import style cars, directly from USA and Japan. WE MEET OR BEAT ANY PRICE! Shipping through whole Europe. Big showroom and super large tuning web-shop. Specialized in Honda and other Japanese cars.

Comment

Thanks, a bit pricey. Although, if they take paypal I may buy them. I didn't see an option to ship to the states though. What are your opinions on them? You wanna do a little review on them, I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in them for sure.
                  -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                  VF10 powered!
                  262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                  13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

man that car is very clean. gl with it
                    91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

I havent posted about the Daily Driver in awhile ... Its now at the 220,000Kms and keeps going.

Had to replace the Catalytic Converter and do some tuning so it would pass emission testing , but its now passed with really low measurments.

Had to replace the radiator to just before going to the testing facility , so that was a pain in the *** !!

Then I finally got to installing the PIAA driving lights I bought awhile ago. I wanted to try and install them as if it was an OEM option .

I Think it looks sort of like its OEM ... What do you think ???

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6220.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	274.8 KB
ID:	1231458

Name:	IMG_9179.jpg
Size:	288.9 KB
ID:	1231459

Comment

looks very good. that is one clean GT, just needs some JDM bumpers and maybe i little bit of a drop

NW MAZDAS

Comment

I'd say just a drop from those angles! hot damn it's sexy!
                          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Very clean and tasteful. Needs a mild set of lowering springs.
                            Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                              I'd say just a drop from those angles! hot damn it's sexy!
                              Yeah looks good with those angles I agree, but I can't stand how far the bumpers stick out. Trimmed down USDM bumpers would look good too.

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Long over due for an update on the Daily Driver ..

Since I added the front driving lights I have lowered it with swapping in a Set of H&R springs with Tokico HP blues. ( this was actually done last summer )

The car was put away for most of the winter and only took it out and insured it to go to a big import meet down in Washington State.

And today I gave it some love ... washed it , oil change and a filter and some new goodies.

A freshly powder coated front strut bar ( bulit by Pierce Motor Sports ) , a set of Hood Dampners and a " Mazda GT " decal courtesty CP member of RcCarRacer1992

Planning on building a bracket for the master cylinder brace ..plus painting the valve cover ( due to a leaky valve cover gasket it needs to come off anyways.)

I thinks its going to be a high gloss black to match the exterior of the car .

Name:	_RWG4287-11.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	1235303

Name:	_RWG4285-9.jpg
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	1235304

Name:	_RWG4280-5.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	1235305

Name:	_RWG4279-4.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	1235306
                                Last edited by 323Permin; 03-31-2013, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X